The Front Porch Swing

Hey everyone, I hope you're all doing well! I feel like I haven't been on here in ages!

Well, all of my breeds are starting to lay at about the same time. Since it's been in the teens and twenties here, I'm not hatching yet and they would likely freeze in the mail. So, I have a ton of GORGEOUS Welsummer eggs and Legbar eggs along with some Norwegian Jaerhons here and there and a LF black Cochin egg now and then. I've also got two Lavender Orpintons who are both females, but I don't have a male for them. So, I've been eating tons of eggs lately.

I've been cutting back on my flock here and there and I'll be cutting down to the bare bones of maybe 1-3 flocks come spring. With work and classes plus trips away where nobody wants to care for the birds, I just don't have the time I would like to have to keep several flocks. I think 1-3 is much more manageable.
wink.png

Madam we still haven't went and seen it.

Tdhenson yes 30 is not as manageable wow its a lot of work but we love it.

Spent most of the day building a new goat lot, nearly done. It is 24x40 and we will do 4 more just like it. All of them will be side by side. So we can rotate our goats to fresh soil ever 30-45 days and devise them.

Hi everyone!
frow.gif

Hope you all had a Merry Christmas!

I ended up with strep throat an in bed from Sunday through 11 am Christmas morning. Had to cancel our Christmas eve celebration. My hubby had gone out and bought a new turkey fryer my family was excited to try.. oh well. The good news is we had some friends over last nigh and tried it. worked well... the turkey was awesome, and I just finished up a sandwich with turkey mayo and stuffing on toast. my favorite way for leftovers!

Hope all is well with everyone -been awhile since have ben on

Have a great night!

Madam please post your review/comments on The Hobbit desolation of Smaug on the movie thread listed below. Like to get as many opinions as possible - so readers can pick and choose what to see. Thank you kindly

Hello everyone! Hope you all had a wonderful Christmas!

Logan Grant was born December 20 at 3:59 p.m. He was 9 pounds and 21 inches. We are both doing well. I will try to post a picture when I can.

Back
Top Bottom