The Front Porch Swing

Hello again everybody!!

Still checking in from time to time!!

What kinds of chickens are you all breeding now-a-days??

I'll be looking for some Black Laced Red Wyandottes possibly to improve the blue in a trio I just acquired... if any of you have some or have a suggestion where to get some I would much rather get them from you than a stranger ;)

I am starting late this year and just having my first chicks hatching this week, exciting!! (Just olive eggers for now, I am diligently working on my Wheaten Marans and will need to add some genetic diversity this year)

Hello again everybody!!

Still checking in from time to time!!

What kinds of chickens are you all breeding now-a-days??

I'll be looking for some Black Laced Red Wyandottes possibly to improve the blue in a trio I just acquired... if any of you have some or have a suggestion where to get some I would much rather get them from you than a stranger ;)

I am starting late this year and just having my first chicks hatching this week, exciting!! (Just olive eggers for now, I am diligently working on my Wheaten Marans and will need to add some genetic diversity this year)

frow.gif
Hello! I'm sticking with my Icelandics but have a trio of the German line New Hampshires. Two hens with chicks from the Easter Hatchalong and one broody sitting on 6 Buff Orp eggs for a friend and 2 Icelandic eggs (so she has something to keep when the friend takes her chicks-she wants to raise them at home so they are friendlier).

Hi. Just seeing if any of my old friends are still around.

frow.gif
Hi, Jim! Good to "see you" around!

Jim, Do you still have any Icelandics?

No. I moved by my parents and could only bring about 15 chickens with me. I did bring my two hens but have lost them. The winter before I moved was a rough winter on the boys. I lost most of the males of all my flocks that winter. I am hoping to slowly increase my flock and Icelandics were one of the breeds that I hope to start over with. I just got 2 Iowa Blue cockerels to start with them. I'm looking for a RIR cockerel or eggs from the line I had and also a Langshan Cockerel ( and a few others.:oops: I'm hoping to do a hatch later this spring and was hoping to contact you about some eggs if you had some available.

I'm teaching in West Allis (a suburb of Milwaukee) and staying with my parents while I decide what to do with my farm in Iowa. I have my chickens at my Uncle's farm and he said I could only have 10-15 birds there. I'm going to try to add more. He asked me if I hatched anything last year so I think he'll be ok with me having more. I just need to put an addition on my coop when school is out this summer.

I thought I remembered you moving to WI but your avatar still has IA so I thought it was me remembering wrong!
old.gif
Better to go slow with increasing your flock since you don't have your own place for them.

Nice to say hi to you all again =)

Mary, I still have 1 GNH hen that hatched from eggs you sent me, such beautiful, beautiful birds. I have really loved her!

Nice to say hi to you all again =)

Mary, I still have 1 GNH hen that hatched from eggs you sent me, such beautiful, beautiful birds. I have really loved her!

Here is one of the G New Hampshire pullets with my Icelandic rooster, Audun. They are beautiful. I am trying to keep some because my daughter loves them and I'd like to be able turn them over to her and my SIL when they get a place where they can have them....but when that will happen is hard to say. I have one cockerel that is in "isolation". I'll separate the hens one of these days and then put them with him and collect some eggs to hatch.

Last edited:
Hi, all! This thread has been dormant for almost as long as I was out of poultry. I had a surprise baby in 2016 and sold all my poultry. I’m just easing back into having a few birds. If anyone sees this - I hope you’re all well and staying safe during this crazy pandemic!

Back
Top Bottom