The Great Egg Shipping Experiment!

Pics
You can practice with fertile eggs from Trader Joes or Whole Foods.

Very cheap and great egg layers.

I can't get any eggs until after April if I do assuming any hatch they will still be in the brooder when we go on honeymoon the chicks will be going outside at this time so I'm not to worried about them. Until then I'm gonna track room temps compare that to bator temps and practice keeping the humidity and temps stable.

Great idea I know exactly who will take them dh's boss she may even buy the eggs and let me give her all the hatches assuming any hatch
wink.png
We are the best enablers here!

My hovabator is perking along, staying at 99-100F measured at where the top of the eggs will be, this is with fan circulated air. Humidity is 27% with no water in the bator.

Okay, get some aquarium tubing and a feeder syringe (medical supply store, hospital, or nursing home.) You can use a smaller one but it is a pain, Either put a small hole in the bottom section near the top, or use the vent hole in the top section. run it down beside the turner, and through the wire floor and into the water reservoir. I used two tubes, one with a black sharpie ring around the loose end so I could tell which I was filling. Before you put eggs in, add water with the syringe until it is full so you know how much is too much! This way you can add water without opening the bator and know how much the humidity goes up with a measured quantity.

I used a small piece of duct tape to hold the end down flat in the bottom of the tray.

Bama'8, you listening?
big_smile.png

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom