The Great Egg Shipping Experiment!

Pics
You would need a lot of Dog fur too....Cushions used to be stuffed with horse hair so maybe that would be good stuffing material or sheep wool.

Probably too expensive. With paper and bubble wrap, the cost should be about 1.50 to 2.00 per shipment.

Cost wouldn't be an issue in my case we have a groomer here so I could get lots free but as wisher said better safe than sorry on the bacteria front

[COLOR=800000]You two (Bama1 and Bama'8) are really trying to confuse me! (and doing a pretty good job!) :lau [/COLOR]

https://www.backyardchickens.com/a/hatching-eggs-101  [COLOR=800000]This is really good info for beginners.[/COLOR]

Yay got the incubator today with automatic egg Turner. Got to check out the egg turner and see if it still functions. The bator needs a little tlc but I have a fresh roll of duct handy. It came with a thermometer but I don't trust just one thermometer. So I guess I'm getting a new one and something for humidity this weekend. I wonder if I send a box with tons of packing supplies would it magically find it's way back to me some eggs in it?

And to further confuse things wisher1000, i too got my incubator today!

lau.gif

And to further confuse things wisher1000, i too got my incubator today!
LMAO Thanks for pointing out that there are two I didn't even notice

I am practicing candling while i DON'T touch my brand new incubator...... It is so hard not to. But it has been plugged in and running for about 10 hours now and the temp is staying right at 99F. I discovered that my hens eggs look very porous. They get oyster shell every day. Something else to research. :D

I have found after 7 years of getting eggs shipped to me, that the packing does not matter so much as making sure that the seller does not write anything on the outside of the box indicating that it is eggs. When there is, I get eggs that have been shaken and kicked about. I don't think this is the normal for the postal service. But if it is coming through the main post office in St. Louis, it seems to be.

I will be using wait for it.. yep the lovely little giant incubator yep this will be fun. I'm not gonna complain though it and the egg turner were both free.

I thought a little giant was what i would end up with from TSC, but DH had a Dr. Appt down in Gadsden this morning. I googled farm supply places, called around while he was in the dr office, found this hovabator out in Hokes Bluff, AL and went there. They had the fan kit too. :D this is so nerve racking, and i dont even have hatching eggs yet!

Back
Top Bottom