The Great Egg Shipping Experiment!

Pics
Thanks everyone for the welcome :) I have heard of this site for years, but never really thought about joining. I will definitely post my new incubator as soon as I get it. For now I am using a styrofoam little giant with an automatic turner. I will be using it for quail eggs when I get my big incubator.
One of my little pips tonight died. It was weird 25 minutes prior it was making noise. I went to check on it and it had passed =(

Has anyone ever used one of these for humidity? Or one similar? Do you think it could handle the temps of the bator without melting or malfunctioning? Also where would I put it in the lg with egg turner?

Welcome, Angie! I'm so glad you joined us here. BYC is a great place for knowlege and fellowship. It feeds the addiction and saves your friends and family from having to suffer through endless chicken talk!
gig.gif

ETA: Okay Bama1, your eggs are packed and ready to mail out in the morning! I am not going to double box this bunch. The box they're in is sturdy and it is too big to fit in the bigger box I have. BTW, you're getting 16!

Uh oh... too big to fit in another box???

And you double checked the box to insure you have the correct bama right? It's totally ok if you didn't though :-D

lau.gif

Has anyone ever used one of these for humidity? Or one similar? Do you think it could handle the temps of the bator without melting or malfunctioning? Also where would I put it in the lg with egg turner?

I use a small Flukers one in mine, although it's worthless. Remember that the incubator is close to 100F. Boiling / melting is 100C. The equivalent F temp to that is 212. You won't get a melted item, but the humidity, for prolonged periods of time, may cause some electronic issues.

I'll also be candling and locking down tonight.

My other brooder is full of cuteness that alternates between passed out and psychotic. Those guys will probably have to go downstairs, new guys up here, then they'll all meet in a week in the basement.

Ron, SCG - Alright you two, bring on the pics!
I posted a picture last night:

woot.gif
I saw a pip this morning! You have to love the vigor of crosses. I bet the one with the pip is an Olive Egger!

My earliest and one of the best hatches ever was my own hatching eggs-- SG Dorking Roo with my Layer flock. They were all hatched by day 20 and are big beautiful pullets(The cockerels were great dinner
wink.png
)

Back
Top Bottom