The Gun Thread

Pics
I am more of a gun accmulator than a collector. Love firelocks.
(only the top musket is a reproduction.)
20231015_201606.jpg

Love that long slide, that's more my style. The longer sight radius and the adjustable Bomar sight makes faster sight alignment for action shooting. Oh, and thanks for the 'DRT', gave me a chuckle, I hadn't heard that for way too long.
I saw it on a Texas gun sales site and called the guy. He was 3+ hours away and I couldn't get out his way for a few days. I prayed about it and left it up to God. When I called the guy that next weekend, he said he had a ton of interest but either folks just wanted to talk about the gun or they didn't show up. I drove out and he dropped the price by $50 BECAUSE I SHOWED UP then threw in three Wilson Combat mags he found in his stash plus 250 rounds of WWB because it was his sole .45. He was selling it only because it's as long as your arm and weighs as much as a small child, and he preferred polymer pistols anyway.

My goal is to have so many guns that I can swim in them like Scrooge McDuck swims in his money. I'll dive in, come up and roll into a backstroke while spitting a stream of cartridges into the air. That would make me happy.

Just an interesting gun safety story. In 1990 we had a fledging 'Living History' group and were at the New Orleans Riverfront for the opening of the Audubon Aquarium. We were in costume, @1815 and when folks would walk up we would be challenging each other to a shooting match. We would load our flintlock rifles and muskets, point to a "branch" on a willow tree on the far bank and take turns shooting at it (blanks) and argue about who was the best shot.
Two security guards walked up and looked at my musket and grinned. The old black man said "When I was a young man it was New Years Eve and I was carrying an old 'Horse Pistol' like this in my pants. At midnight I pointed it into the air and pulled the trigger. Nothing happened, so I stuck it back in my pants. After a few minutes, I pointed it back in the air, AND IT WENT OFF!" No safety lesson was more potent to me than that one.

Thanks. It’s a nice handgun and probably the fanciest one I own next to my Springfield Armory 1911 Mil-Spec .45 ACP*
That is near the top of my dream gun list, I am a neantheral in general and I love the 1911A1. (I actually own a real 1911.) If I had an original 1911A1 in good shape, I would never shoot it. :p

Back
Top Bottom