The Hatching House?

Last Fall, I ordered from The Hatching House and paid $200. They arrived dead and dying and I contacted her immediately. She said she would make it up to me with next Spring's order. This Spring, She contacted me telling me certain chicks were available. I took the bait. She said she would make it up to me. New charge for order would be $350. And I paid and waited. After a month I tried to cancel and she told PayPal all orders are Non- Refundable Custom Orders. She finally sent order, 8 Roos looked like Delawares with orange legs and not the Straight Run of Salmon English Orpingtons ordered. Two Roos died before first night, gave away two Roos and 4 Roos more to find homes for.

The back story, I placed an order through Greg Mignot and Linda Miller of Ultimate Orpingtons. They were bought out by AmyJo Labbe of The Hatching House which is where the Ole Yankee Farm is In Connecticut.

After sort of filling the orders...I learned to take cheap substitutes to get my 2 orders with Greg Filled by "the Hatching House"
Instead.

Later after I had accepted the cheap substitutes,..When she contacted me and told me she had what I order originally I gladly paid the extra $200 to get that order. Received dead and dying order. She said she would make it up to me next Spring. Next Spring rolls around and she. Contacted me and said she has the chicks but this Spring the order would cost me $350. And I reminded her of last year's orders and she said this was making it up to me the chickens I wanted she had upped the price to for $125. Each. And she would send me 6 plus 2 extra. Ok I paid the $350. And waited. Where are the chicks she already had? She said she has them Ready to go! No chicks!? Waited then finally I complained to PayPal and she tells them all orders are custom orders and no refunds, and No cancellations and they said all custom orders can not be cancelled.

How could they be custom order when she claims she hatched everything those chickens laid and eggs old mwnshe has th chicks I originally wanted. So March's order came much later in the form of another breed and all Roos. Anyway she shipped me an order not my order. I got a box of roos and posted on her site I was rehoming the Delaware Roos she sent instead of the Salmon English Orpingtons.

She deleted my Posts and closed down that site in particular but has another site that has been running since 2015. She goes to TSC and has done some type of show and tell and people like her site. She has made it so no one that has the truth to tell, like real customers can not post. One must sign in and she screens posts to decide who and what gets posted. Can not get the truth to people. She talks a good talk but she does not walk the walk. So sorry to hear your story as your story sounds so much like my story. And the only difference is she said she finally had the chicks ai wanted and I took the bait again! Will
Not happen again.

I ordered chicks from Ultimate Orpingtons, which were bought out by The Hatching House in 2016. She sent us several emails, telling us they were honoring the orders on all purchased chicks. After waiting through fall and into late spring, I started to email them back for updates, which I never received. I finally posted on their facebook page, requesting an update. I received a very nasty email chastising my FB post for an update, which they deleted. Now it is late August, and nothing. Their website is gone. $200 down the drain. No, I would not recommend them
What kind of English Orpington chicks and pm what state. I have some of Greg's like his Blue Buff Columbian English Orpingtons.

No problem! If this post and the replies/info on it can help people then I am glad :)

It stinks because the website os so deceiving! It looks pretty nice and like a not so bad hatchery but apparently it is far from it and seems, to me, like a giant scam. :(

I do wonder though if everyone could maybe get together and sue her? Maybe get them shut down? Because that is a scam and probably illegal to not send orders that were paid for

Their pricey-ness was one of the things I was considering. Their prices have come down, and for the Ameraucanas, they were comparable to My Pet Chicken, without shipping. My only worry was the straight run part, as I really don't want any roosters.

Dont get me started on the prices at MYPETCHICKEN.com lol

$15 is about the going rate for Black Copper Marans. I believe theirs are BL B Sp like mine.
I always try to look around locally and set my prices based on what others are asking

I am in Granville MA near CT/MA border. I have Bl B Sp Marans, Cream Legbars, White Legbars, Wheaten Ameraucanas and Sexlinked dark olive. olive and Blue egg layers. (Marans x Legbar and Ameraucana x Legbar crosses and backcrosses)
Hope to get my Bl B Sp ameraucanas up and running again as soon as I can get a quality rooster to replace the one I had.

Wow you have lots of cool breeds! And a colorful egg basket it seems!

I just have 1 Barred Rock, 2 Black Australorps, 2 Buff Orpingtons (had 3 till last month :( ), and 2 Easter Eggers. I would love more colorful egg layers! But I also want to try some more brown layer breeds

Wow you have lots of cool breeds! And a colorful egg basket it seems!

I just have 1 Barred Rock, 2 Black Australorps, 2 Buff Orpingtons (had 3 till last month :( ), and 2 Easter Eggers. I would love more colorful egg layers! But I also want to try some more brown layer breeds

Thank you, I like having a colorful assortment. I think it makes for an interesting carton. I actually have quite a few other breeds. I am trying to narrow it down to ones I can offer hatching eggs and chicks for, with a preference for ones that may be sexed at or close to hatch.
Barnevelder Welsummer and Marans are your best dark brown egg layers some with darker speckles. I like to use them to make olive with speckles.

Thank you, I like having a colorful assortment. I think it makes for an interesting carton. I actually have quite a few other breeds. I am trying to narrow it down to ones I can offer hatching eggs and chicks for, with a preference for ones that may be sexed at or close to hatch.
Barnevelder Welsummer and Marans are your best dark brown egg layers some with darker speckles. I like to use them to make olive with speckles.

Yeah, it's definitely nice having colorful eggs!

And that makes sense! We only have the 7 and they're pets so I want to go for looks next! I chose these ones cause they're supposed to be pretty friendly and good layers. They are but a little skittish since I don't spend enough time with them and right now theyre all slacking :/ but they're 2 years old. It's slightly boring with all the buff and black though so I want to add some interesting colors. Like I want to try Speckled Sussex, Wyandotte (Gold Laced, Silver Laced, and possibly Blue Laced Red), Partridge Rock or Cochin, Silver Penciled Rock, and a bunch of Orpington and Australorp colors.

If I get more, I think my next order will be Speckled Sussex, Partridge Rock, Gold Laced Wyandotte, and then possibly Welsummer and/or Golden Buff/red sexlink or a leghorn just for eggs. Maybe another Easter Egger. But I'd only add maybe 5 so I wouldn't crowd the coop. But the coop is really designed for like 8 so I don't think I'll get more unless I build another one but we just built this one

Back
Top Bottom