I think I got scammed…

I'm not sure if this is the same company you mentioned but they do say that they sell rare chicken breeds. The Ayam Cemani is only found in the U.S. and Europe and if you read this post, you might realize that the Dong Tao chicken is also another rare bird. They say because of it's rarity, it costs $2,000. But you aren't looking for rare chicken breeds, you're looking for silkies. I'll continue looking at this site to see if it's a reliable source to buy chickens from.
The Cemani is not only in the US and Europe. And the Dong Tao isn't exactly legal to leave its country of origin.

I'm not sure if this is the same company you mentioned but they do say that they sell rare chicken breeds. The Ayam Cemani is only found in the U.S. and Europe and if you read this post, you might realize that the Dong Tao chicken is also another rare bird. They say because of it's rarity, it costs $2,000. But you aren't looking for rare chicken breeds, you're looking for silkies. I'll continue looking at this site to see if it's a reliable source to buy chickens from.
It’s horrible the feather farms site I will never buy from them again. My hens are alive but one has had issues laying with soft eggs and all of them are super mean. Our rooster from them was so human aggressive I’ve never seen anything like it ! He would see us and
Run to my daughter and I a half acre away to flock us! We currently have 3 roosters none of their blood lines and they are all super good respectful roosters!

So I am a first time chicken owner and I felt like I did a decent amount of research but obviously not enough as you’ll see….lol.

I was looking online for local hatcheries honestly but couldn’t find anything close to Dallas, just places hours and hours away. So I looked up some “big online hatcheries” and everything was waitlisted or just sold out of silkies.

(Edit; didn’t know Facebook groups were a thing as I barely use FB and wish I would’ve thought of this- as I found so many local people on there after the fact, that I’m getting more silkies from today!)

Didn’t realise people didn’t ship until march usually, another mistake I should’ve researched more.

Came across a website called Feather Lover Farms, and placed an order, totaling about $350 (what a rip off!!!) for 3 silkie chicks. (Literally internally screaming thinking about how much I spent now)

This was in late Dec. they were in contact with me a bit late Jan, early Feb. and then again late Feb once they had an idea of when my chicks would ship. They are in Cali. They shipped a week ago. Tuesday. The day the big blizzard hit in north cali. So…definitely unideal circumstances, kind of wish they would’ve waited. I upgraded my shipping. Paid like..$80 or something for overnight USPS. Took 3 days anyway. Had no tracking updates for the first 2 days, besides them being in Sacramento the first day. Finally get here and one was dead (they sent 4 I guess for extra warmth or as a bonus) and it was a pile of mush. Two of them seemed a little bit smaller than the 3rd, but nothing crazy. They were also a bit less active.

24 hours pass- 1 dies within 30 min of “flopping” over. Can’t walk can’t stand neck is floppy and very weak chirps.

12 hours pass- another one dies the same way.

Went from seemingly fine to just dropping dead so fast.

3rd one is now ALONE at this point and very distressed. I’ve emailed Everytime something has happened with a detailed timeline and explanation AND pics of course, to further prove it’s a bad situation. That was Friday.

No email replies since then. They were guaranteed, mind you. Nothing. So incredibly irresponsible imo….they also shipped with no heat packs or anything, which another seller told me was shameful.

I also paid for a “lavender silkie” which honestly I don’t know if any of them were lavender, they all looked pale yellow to me besides one which was def painted. The other seller that gave me advice told me lavenders have a “death gene” and that’s why she doesn’t breed them. If this is true, then it makes sense why they just died out of nowhere.

So I’m pretty much out of 300$ and I’ve had no contact with this seller. Which really makes me sad. I don’t know. It feels like they have no regard for these poor things lives. I also don’t even want them to ship me more chicks. I feel like they’ll ship me half dead chicks again or chicks that are just doomed to suffer and die.

Posting this that hopefully someone sees it online and doesn’t make the same mistake I did. Once I found the bad reviews, I had already placed my order and it wasn’t refundable so I hoped for the best and thought maybe the reviews were wrong….well, they were right 😢💔
I don't know anything about Silkies but I definitely think you got ripped off. Go to other online hatcheries and compare their prices on Silkies.

Hopefully you get your money back. Scammers are everywhere sadly. People charging 60 for chickens where I am on CL is for the uneducated. I’m sure these people contacted you BECAUSE you filed a complaint. Not because they are decent people. Get your money back and move on. I’m in Nv and I think I’ve seen their ads for “rare breeds” I laugh because someone local has hatching eggs for 20 a dz for cemami. Raising birds has a learning curve for sure. Consider this one of those times and be better for it.

So I am a first time chicken owner and I felt like I did a decent amount of research but obviously not enough as you’ll see….lol.

I was looking online for local hatcheries honestly but couldn’t find anything close to Dallas, just places hours and hours away. So I looked up some “big online hatcheries” and everything was waitlisted or just sold out of silkies.

(Edit; didn’t know Facebook groups were a thing as I barely use FB and wish I would’ve thought of this- as I found so many local people on there after the fact, that I’m getting more silkies from today!)

Didn’t realise people didn’t ship until march usually, another mistake I should’ve researched more.

Came across a website called Feather Lover Farms, and placed an order, totaling about $350 (what a rip off!!!) for 3 silkie chicks. (Literally internally screaming thinking about how much I spent now)

This was in late Dec. they were in contact with me a bit late Jan, early Feb. and then again late Feb once they had an idea of when my chicks would ship. They are in Cali. They shipped a week ago. Tuesday. The day the big blizzard hit in north cali. So…definitely unideal circumstances, kind of wish they would’ve waited. I upgraded my shipping. Paid like..$80 or something for overnight USPS. Took 3 days anyway. Had no tracking updates for the first 2 days, besides them being in Sacramento the first day. Finally get here and one was dead (they sent 4 I guess for extra warmth or as a bonus) and it was a pile of mush. Two of them seemed a little bit smaller than the 3rd, but nothing crazy. They were also a bit less active.

24 hours pass- 1 dies within 30 min of “flopping” over. Can’t walk can’t stand neck is floppy and very weak chirps.

12 hours pass- another one dies the same way.

Went from seemingly fine to just dropping dead so fast.

3rd one is now ALONE at this point and very distressed. I’ve emailed Everytime something has happened with a detailed timeline and explanation AND pics of course, to further prove it’s a bad situation. That was Friday.

No email replies since then. They were guaranteed, mind you. Nothing. So incredibly irresponsible imo….they also shipped with no heat packs or anything, which another seller told me was shameful.

I also paid for a “lavender silkie” which honestly I don’t know if any of them were lavender, they all looked pale yellow to me besides one which was def painted. The other seller that gave me advice told me lavenders have a “death gene” and that’s why she doesn’t breed them. If this is true, then it makes sense why they just died out of nowhere.

So I’m pretty much out of 300$ and I’ve had no contact with this seller. Which really makes me sad. I don’t know. It feels like they have no regard for these poor things lives. I also don’t even want them to ship me more chicks. I feel like they’ll ship me half dead chicks again or chicks that are just doomed to suffer and die.

Posting this that hopefully someone sees it online and doesn’t make the same mistake I did. Once I found the bad reviews, I had already placed my order and it wasn’t refundable so I hoped for the best and thought maybe the reviews were wrong….well, they were right 😢💔
I have red / buff silkie eggs and babies
I can ship them
Let me know if you’re interested !

It’s horrible the feather farms site I will never buy from them again. My hens are alive but one has had issues laying with soft eggs and all of them are super mean. Our rooster from them was so human aggressive I’ve never seen anything like it ! He would see us and
Run to my daughter and I a half acre away to flock us! We currently have 3 roosters none of their blood lines and they are all super good respectful roosters!
I can't believe someone else here actually bought from them! My rooster isnt aggressive (but hes only 6 weeks old, so who knows, maybe he could become aggressive) but of course of out the 4 chicks they sent me, and the 3 that died, the one I am left with is a Roo. :'( I'm giving him to someone who wants him locally, because I wanted hens, not roos, but wow. I'm glad I won't have any chicks from them. I didn't know they could have issues like that with laying eggs and temperament. must be bad breeding i would imagine...

Hopefully you get your money back. Scammers are everywhere sadly. People charging 60 for chickens where I am on CL is for the uneducated. I’m sure these people contacted you BECAUSE you filed a complaint. Not because they are decent people. Get your money back and move on. I’m in Nv and I think I’ve seen their ads for “rare breeds” I laugh because someone local has hatching eggs for 20 a dz for cemami. Raising birds has a learning curve for sure. Consider this one of those times and be better for it.
I had not submitted my evidence yet so I'm not sure if they had been alerted that I was fighting the charges yet but yea they definitely know exactly what to say and advertise to scam beginner chicken keepers. I learned A LOT from this, never again!

I can't believe someone else here actually bought from them! My rooster isnt aggressive (but hes only 6 weeks old, so who knows, maybe he could become aggressive) but of course of out the 4 chicks they sent me, and the 3 that died, the one I am left with is a Roo. :'( I'm giving him to someone who wants him locally, because I wanted hens, not roos, but wow. I'm glad I won't have any chicks from them. I didn't know they could have issues like that with laying eggs and temperament. must be bad breeding i would imagine...
Ours didn’t get aggressive till after 10 months and trust me when I say horrific! I have posts from here a while ago I had never seen anything like what he would do ! He would see us from a half acre and run to flock us and never stop! I tried working with him I tried everything he only got worse! Now since then we don’t do any mean rooster ever on our property they die right away and we never breed them! That was our first and our last human aggressive rooster period! I won’t tolerate it at all. It’s not worth it once he was gone a light was lifted and we could actually enjoy our lives again outside on the farm!

Back
Top Bottom