The holi-daze are coming...joy

Quote:
Halloween seems to be the only holiday that I can relax and not have to get all set up for, so I enjoy decorating because I don't "have" to. It is the one month that everything is calm for me so I have always loved it, not just the candy
wink.png
but the relaxing part.

My Christmases have never been like the TV Christmases so I didn't even really enjoy them even as a kid. All I ever wanted was a calm time with my family but I rarely if ever got that. Now that I am older and have a family of my own I am liking the idea more and more of having that calm family time I longed for as a kid.

Quote:
And the "how much I adore Squishy" meter is skyrocketing.
lau.gif

Yeah, I REALLY wish people would stop skipping October and November. I'm with Speckledhen: Don't skip my birthday!

Awww... I love you too
tongue.png

I know when your birthdays are.. birthdays are... sorta
lol.png

The family (except my mom) decided not to do gifts (except for the kids) - just get together to eat and enjoy eachothers company. The same for home. Last year I didn't even decorate and I was ok with it! Although my mom scolded me for not having a tree.

i LOVE fall! i love how it starts with the leaves changing .. then halloween.. then thankgiving and christmas. i love how the winter brings family together and i love the festivness of the season!! im such a dork, but i cant wait! lol

I'm lucky because Halloween is my favorite holiday and it is really big in my area...
yippiechickie.gif

In fact, I'm racking my brain to figure out a costume.
hu.gif

We don't really celebrate Thanksgiving. And Christmas is very low key and try to keep it from the heart, if that makes sense. My grandma likes to do the whole drama-family-party thing which kind of ruins it.
hmm.png

I love October and November. My DH & DS birthdays are in October as well as Halloween and November is my birthday
big_smile.png
and Thanksgiving. Totally awesome time of year. Fresh apple picking, grapes are ready to be harvested (not mine-we have "Mummy berries" shriveled up fruits
sad.png
) cool weather, love it. I could definitely stand to skip December. Everything and everyone is crazy, fussy family members, ugh.

Quote:
I bet your grandma's got nothing on my husband's. She likes to pretend she is dying because she can't live another year without her husband (he passed 5 years ago). So for the last 3 we have ended the day at the hospital because she is having a heart attack without him, which always turns out to be a self induced panic attack. It makes for a merry Christmas
roll.png

Last edited:
Thank you Elevan for editing my reply. Seriously. I was in a bad mood last night and shouldn't have been online at all. At least I'll be on vacation starting tomorrow so you can all have some peace and quiet
smack.gif

Halloween - My favorite! I love the crispness in the air, fall colors, anything pumpkin, spooky stuff, the "scary" movies on tv, etc. Unfortunately we don't get trick-or-treaters where we love, but we'll take my 2 1/2 yr old to my SIL's house and go with them. It's a no/low stress month for us.

Thanksgiving - We've hosted for the last 6 years. I love doing most of the cooking, baking, etc. Doesn't bother me because it's here in my house. The day after we go to my DH's grandma's house.

Christmas - I'm starting to really dislike Christmas. It's dramadramadrama with a side of momma drama. We do Christmas Eve dinner here (we splurge and get Honey Baked Ham - yum!) with my uncle and grandma (not speaking to my mother right now, long story, but doubt she will be here). Christmas morning with DH's mom, sister and niece. Christmas evening with my dad's side - more drama there. Like - is the gift we got my grandma "good enough"? And then at some point see DH's grandma. It just seems like we drive all over the place, but now that we have DS, everyone wants to see him, blah blah blah. For the most part, I'm looking forward to the in-laws being here, which isn't how it's "supposed to be" lol

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom