The Incubator Thread

one of my baby's. Any guess in gender? Almost completely feathered out.

here is mine 8'' x9'' box 15 w light-note the heat shield and metal bowl. cost a total of 16.00 for the light, bulb and thermometer. If you already have these things I would not cost anything. holds the heat well 100' and I don't have to check on it.

I went with the Genesis Hovabator for my first hatching attempt. Found local eggs, picked up 18. 14 out of the 18 hatched. Turned by hand, 3-5 times a day. Very happy with the results...will be trying shipped eggs for the second batch when they arrive this week.

"I have a Farm Innovators 4200 incubator and plugged it in last night to get the kinks out and to get it up to temp.

I have a digital thermometer/hygrometer ( it has indoor and outdoor temps) I also put in the center to verify temp and humidity. I noticed that the probe thermometer and the temp gauge are within 1 degree of each other. (about 90 degrees before I left the house.....I did adjust the temp knob before leaving the house because the instructions say it needs to be between 99 and 100 degrees)

The temp on the digital thermometer is about 10 degrees off of the readings on the incubator. (about 83 degrees)

I also noticed that the humidity reading on the incubator says it's at 85 percent. I put about 3 to 4 ounces of water in the water reservoir (not knowing how much water to use). On the digital temp/hygrometer it is reading 34 to 35 percent."

I bought the same incubator and am having the same problems. The mercury thermometer it came with reads 10 degrees higher then my digital thermometer I know to be accurate. The temp gage on the outside (the one that says reference only) reads 10 degrees cooler then my digital. The humidity level jumps up to 80% after I add maybe 1/4 cup of water. Then every night about 1am, my digital thermometer alarm goes off to tell me my temp shot up, while the humidity completely drops off!

The only time I have to adjust the temperature is in the middle of the night. We will see what happens by March 21. I'd like to invest in a better model when I can afford it!

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom