The Incubator Thread

I have it,and it's very sensitive to room temp. We heat with wood and the temp jumps and falls quite a bit. Other than that, it has worked great for me.
thanks! It's so tough to decide on which one I want. I really want the Octo 20 but it's pretty expensive so I think I'm going to go with the Hova Bator

Well 4 finally hatched out of the 16 I had set. I got about 8 clears and the rest just didn't develop all the way. I don't know for sure what was to blame. These were eggs I bought off EBay so there is no telling! But I'm keeping my fingers crossed the ones that did make it grow strong and I have at least one cockerel and three pullets.

I ran it at an average of 40% humidity and bumped it up to 55% during lock down. I measured the temp by placing two thermometers (making sure they both agree) on top of the egg turner, which is level with the middle of the eggs.
I'm going to start a new batch of eggs this week so I'm wondering if I should tweek anything for better results, or if I just had a weak stock of eggs to begin with.

It could be a combination, I had not hatched chicks in a while and went back and didn't have a great hatch, reduced the water, increased air flow, and changed my heat got a better hatch, then on my 3rd hatch, reduced water even more, and all hatched. (homemade bator)

This is probably the wrong place to post but I'll ask anyways as we have run out of ideas. I have the Brinsea Octagon DX 20's and had a autoturn cradle go bad (striped a gear we think), we have had these for several years and really love them. However I have spent the last several hours trying to find a replacement for this and haven't found a single one listed in forums, Amazon, Ebay or any websites, I know its probably time to upgrade to the newer models but I'm an older model just like my DX's.
Brinsea doesn't have them and the new Eco and Advance models say not for use with the DX as it is a different setup.
So Question being does anyone know of a site that carries any either new or used, any help is really greatly appreciated.
Thanks

Got a staggered hatch question- 9 due to hatch and 17 due for lockdown on Saturday. So remove autoturner on lockdown day (tomorrow) of first batch? After the 9 hatch they will be quickly moved to brooder so as not to roll the 17. If I remove turner tomorrow will it negatively affect the 17 since it would be 3 days earlier than lockdown for them?

it is ok to take the turner out most important in first 2 weeks, lock down, and making it too moist could be a problem for the sat. eggs.

Back
Top Bottom