The Incubator Thread

i have a janoel 12, it accually only holds 9 chicken eggs,
i find it kinda hard to keep it a constant temperature, but its not too bad. its what im using at the moment to incubate my eggs!!
heres a picture of the janoel 12:

Can anybody give me some feedback on this incubator?
It seems the best one for my price range at the moment but I'd really appreciate your opinions :)
hi I've bought one got it up and running withmy duck eggs but not easy to work out trying to find help from some one who's got one :)

hi I've bought one got it up and running withmy duck eggs but not easy to work out trying to find help from some one who's got one :)

Ooh we are in the same boat:) I haven't brought it yet as I'm hoping one of my girls will go broody soon. If they don't in the next week or two then I will order one.
I'm reallytrying to put it off because my better half won't let me raise ducklings in the house:-(
My drake and girls we had inside from 2 & 1/2 wks when we got them tilll about 7 wks and it was incredibly messy and smelly. I cannot for the life of me convince him to let me do it again unless I have a good plan and I can't think one up.
Ket me know how you go. Sorry about the novel lol.

Hi I have raised ducklings in the house before but didn't keep them in for that long they went out during the day at for weeks but came in at night for a couple more weeks then they stayed out that keept the mess and smell down lol the instructions to this incubator are so bad shame because I am other wise quite impressed with it :)

Hi I have raised ducklings in the house before but didn't keep them in for that long they went out during the day at for weeks but came in at night for a couple more weeks then they stayed out that keept the mess and smell down lol the instructions to this incubator are so bad shame because I am other wise quite impressed with it :)

I think our timing was about the same. We had them in the lounge room on tiles near the fireplace so it was in your face every night.
I'd change floor paper and bed straw morning and mid arvo but was still pretty bad at night. We're remodeling oir laundry at the moment so not many places to keep said babies *sighs* lol.
Did you get you bator online? I found the one I put up on ebay so it will probably have really poor (if in English) instructions too.

Hi I bought it from ebay it is English but I think alot went missing in translation you have to try and fill the gaps lol it's a shame it's a shame as it seems to be a realy good buy looks realy smart and looks like it will do the job will have more of idea when I candle eggs next week at mo a bite of trial and hope not to meny errors lol :)

Hi Their, When do I change the temperature in my incubator? I do not understand what candeling is could you explain it to me? When do I change the humidity in my incubator? Thanks Chickens 12345

[COLOR=333333]Hi Their,     When do I change the temperature in my incubator? I do not understand what candeling is could you explain it to me? When do I change the humidity in my incubator? Thanks Chickens 12345[/COLOR]

Read Hatching 101 on the Learning Centre of the website, it answers all of your questions, I'd provide a link but I'm not sure how to do it on my tablet.

------------------
I just found out the incubator I'm going to be using will be at least 18 years old, if this hatching goes okay, I might invest in a newer model.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom