The Incubator Thread

Hi I bought it from ebay it is English but I think alot went missing in translation you have to try and fill the gaps lol it's a shame it's a shame as it seems to be a realy good buy looks realy smart and looks like it will do the job will have more of idea when I candle eggs next week at mo a bite of trial and hope not to meny errors lol :)

Sounds like a bit of trial and error:)
Let me know how you go pretty please.
I think I will get one in the next few weeks. My girls have 20+ eggs and still aren't interested in brooding:-(

Sounds like a bit of trial and error:)
Let me know how you go pretty please.
I think I will get one in the next few weeks. My girls have 20+ eggs and still aren't interested in brooding:-(
hi candled 3 over weekend all good doing all 12 tomorrow night so fingers crossed for all finding the incubator keeps realy good temp got the humidity sorted to love the fact I can change the turning times I really think it's alot for your money as I have smaller ducks than you and I'm not sure on the size of your egg's you might not get 12 in I would recommend it to beginners or professional looks tidy realy stable love it :) 5 star

K, so I'm kind of torn here Incukit dc, hovabator 1588, or brinsea octagon 20 Eco...

Which Is the best?
What it comes down to is your personal preference. If you're a DIY type of person I'd recommend the Incukit dc. It's a great "brain" for your DIY incubator, it has a digital proportional thermostat which keeps the temperature very steady.

When it comes to choosing between the 1588 and the Brinsea, the 1588 can hold around 41 chicken eggs whereas the Octagon 20 only holds 20. The 1588 is made of a sturdy styrofoam, whereas the Brinsea is all plastic. The Brinsea Eco uses a non-digital proportional thermostat, and the 1588 uses an on/off thermostat. The Brinsea is great a great choice if you're willing to spend the extra money.
I'm sure you knew a lot of this already but I hope it gives you some extra food for thought. helps you make a good decision. Let me know which one you decide! I would personally choose the 1588. If you haven't already, check out our website, there's a lot of resources there to help you decide.

Last edited:
hi candled 3 over weekend all good doing all 12 tomorrow night so fingers crossed for all finding the incubator keeps realy good temp got the humidity sorted to love the fact I can change the turning times I really think it's alot for your money as I have smaller ducks than you and I'm not sure on the size of your egg's you might not get 12 in I would recommend it to beginners or professional looks tidy realy stable love it :) 5 star

That's awesome. I'm so happy it's going well for you:)
My girls are laying a mixture of sizes. Someone is laying VERY big ones, there seems to be an average size and then som that are as small as a little chook egg.
There is a bigger capacity one on ebay but it isn't branded so I can't really get a feel for it. I've messaged the seller so fingers crossed it has what I need:)

hi couldn't wait eny longer had to candle them tonight 10 definitely going great guns but we think 2 not eny good im realy impressed know I've got it sussed :)

Hi couldn't wait eny longer candled them tonight and 10 are definitely good 2 we don't think are realy pleased would say it's a good buy not as complicated as you think :)

a neighbor gave me these eggs to set
t
she took them right from under the hen to go in my incubator.
bottom row is swedish flower hen, darks are BCM, green is isbar, blue is legbar.

I have a Janoel 48 and after a few weeks of testing temp and humidity! I hatched my first batch with no issues. I know some have had trouble with them vut mine ran flawlessly. Think it is about testing,testing,testing and seeing what the ranges are on your particular brand.

Back
Top Bottom