The Incubator Thread

run of the mill grocery stores don't carry fertile eggs, and even though some people have had luck with trader joes, I would go more local. I have hatched alot of eggs from fridges, but most were still local. And I knew they were fertile.

You can't hatch eggs from the grocery store. They are not fertile. You have to buy fertile eggs from someone that has a rooster like a farmer or another byc.

Has anyone had luck hatching eggs from Trader Joe's or Whole Foods that are organic and free range?

I know I have seen some posts previously--I think.

Like to know your experience--if they do--I would assume they would be great layers since the eggs are so nice!

Thanks so much--

You sure can! I currently have four trader how's eggs on day 11 with bouncy embryos inside! Unfortunately there were a few early quitters but the eggs were almost a month old already. I found with whole foods only one out of a dozen was actually fertile so I'd skip those and go with trader joe's. I set another dozen TJ eggs in a second bator three days ago and all are showing veins already. I would highly recommend trying it! It's fun hatching what was meant to be food haha! And they're easy to candle since they're white! Here's a day six pic of one of mine:

You sure can! I currently have four trader how's eggs on day 11 with bouncy embryos inside! Unfortunately there were a few early quitters but the eggs were almost a month old already. I found with whole foods only one out of a dozen was actually fertile so I'd skip those and go with trader joe's. I set another dozen TJ eggs in a second bator three days ago and all are showing veins already. I would highly recommend trying it! It's fun hatching what was meant to be food haha! And they're easy to candle since they're white! Here's a day six pic of one of mine:

Wow--so it's gonna be a surprise as to what the bread is--more than likely a Leghorn of some sort--keep me posted on your progress.
Are the cartons dated? Ive never looked. I could always ask when the shipment is coming in.
I have known that cold for eggs is better than heat anyway--wondering if there would be a higher % of pullets?

Keep us posted!!!

Thanks

Wow--so it's gonna be a surprise as to what the bread is--more than likely a Leghorn of some sort--keep me posted on your progress.
Are the cartons dated?  Ive never looked.  I could always ask when the shipment is coming in.
I have known that cold for eggs is better than heat anyway--wondering if there would be a higher % of pullets?

Keep us posted!!!

Thanks

Well wow, I dont have a trader Joe's so i never knew that. I just know kroger doesn't lol.

Back
Top Bottom