The Incubator Thread

i was wondering if 103 temp and 31% humidity is good for hatching ? i know the temp is pretty good but the humidity is low not sure how to get it up higher. i have a good size bowl of water in the incubator any help would be so great also kinda off subject but if anyone knows someone that has or has themselves some Exchequer Leghorn hatching eggs for sale :fl please PM if you would tyvm :woot

i was wondering if 103 temp and 31% humidity is good for hatching ? i know the temp is pretty good but the humidity is low not sure how to get it up higher. i have a good size bowl of water in the incubator any help would be so great also kinda off subject but if anyone knows someone that has or has themselves some Exchequer Leghorn hatching eggs for sale :fl please PM if you would tyvm :woot

A good way to raise the humidity is to remember surface area of the water will raise it not quantity. Also the temp shoud come down a little if it's there too long ideal range is 99.6 to 100.3. Honestly 101 is acceptable. Good luck on your hatch!

i think it may be cause the plastic box im using is to big and idk if using sphagnum moss is a good idea or not but i have a lot cause i grow it for my VFT's oh and nothing to do w/ chickens but if anyone loves peppers pm me if you would like some seeds i have about 60 dif types most of the Aji types like the Aji Flor aka xmas bell bishop crown one of my favs low heat but very very sweet i say it almost has a peach like flavor lol

this be a good heat source on a cabinet incubator

Just finished reading through this thread, and there is lots of great info here. Thank you to everyone who shared.

I saw where someone mentioned the iHatch app but that it wouldn't track more than one hatch at once. Well, first I was speechless and flabbergasted that I had never thought of looking to see if there was an app for that!
th.gif
So after I got my brain going again, I went and started hunting for incubating/hatching apps and I found this https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=au.com.bellsouth.hatchabatch
It can track multiple batches and has the ability to enter hatch times for other types of birds that it doesn't have preprogrammed into it. It is also free. I'm going to get it on my tablet and try it for my next hatch, after I get my incubator finished and fine-tuned. Just thought I'd mention it for anyone else who wants to give it a try.

Back
Top Bottom