The Incubator Thread

Grrrr. My browser is giving me fits and I don't think that link is working. But the app is on google play and is called Hatchabatch.

I'm not sure if this has been covered or not, but I figured there'd be no harm in asking if it has been. I need an AFFORDABLE (>80$) small incubator/egg turner combo, and I've not had much luck finding one. What would be the best for hatching bantam and quail eggs? It'd be nice if it came with the works (thermometer, humidity meter, etc.), but it doesn't have to since those can be bought relatively cheap. I don't plan on incubator hatching my lav orps, I figured I'd keep a silkie or two on hand to hatch out chicks since my SO loves them, so it'll be for bantams and quail, mainly quail.

Last edited:
The hovabator genesis is the best incubator by far. Get the bator from the website with the turner separate and you should save some money... Love it hatched from it with at least a 95 percent hatch rate!

I need some tips too...
Still air or forced air? Brand recommendations... Digital or manual? Just any preferences you all have and why would help... I would like something that does 24 chicken eggs minimum, at a max price of $200...
:) thank you!

Last edited:
I need some tips too...
Still air or forced air? Brand recommendations... Digital or manual? Just any preferences you all have and why would help... I would like something that does 24 chicken eggs minimum, at a max price of $200...
:) thank you!

I'm loving my incuview! I have three thermometers in it and it holds it dead steady at 99.5-99.8. Has an auto turner and holds 27 chicken eggs. Plus the clear lid is unbeatable! You can see everything going on in there. It was about $180 after shipping.

What are your hatch rates like? :)

I'll let you know this weekend ;) all I've hatched so far were two trader Joe's store bought eggs haha! And they were started in my homemade incubator and finished in the incuview until hatch. But I haven't had but one quitter in it out of 27! And it was a blood ring at day 7. Everything else is still growing and thriving in there.

I'll let you know this weekend ;) all I've hatched so far were two trader Joe's store bought eggs haha! And they were started in my homemade incubator and finished in the incuview until hatch. But I haven't had but one quitter in it out of 27! And it was a blood ring at day 7. Everything else is still growing and thriving in there.

Thank you!

I just lost a roo and took 3 eggs from the fridge,I believe he fertilized put under a broody.

this is the roo Blue Isbar, breed with this hen

Isbar/leg bar so they will be 3/4 isbar

this is my broody. she is a chick from a bantam bin marked EE but she lays tan eggs. I really wanted to have fertile eggs with the above roo and this hen. He only produced about 2 babies that I Know of so I don't know if these are even fertile.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom