The Incubator Thread

Okay!!

Wait...my only chick hatched so far in the incubator is walking up and down the bator and he looks like he wants to come out!! When I go near the bator he like tires to find a way out!! Then when I walk away he starts peeping loudly!! Is this normal??

lol..yes, you are the "momma" hen now....I would wait until he/she is totally dry (fluffy) to get him out...you can leave them in for about 24 hours if needed..I read it isn't good to open the 'bator once you have chicks pipping because this will make the humidity drop & the hatching chicks need high humidity to soften the eggs & break through...I have opened mine during this time though to get a fluffy chick out because he was an early hatcher & it didn't seem to matter.. hope this helps..i am by no means an expert...lol

lol..yes, you are the "momma" hen now....I would wait until he/she is totally dry (fluffy) to get him out...you can leave them in for about 24 hours if needed..I read it isn't good to open the 'bator once you have chicks pipping because this will make the humidity drop & the hatching chicks need high humidity to soften the eggs & break through...I have opened mine during this time though to get a fluffy chick out because he was an early hatcher & it didn't seem to matter.. hope this helps..i am by no means an expert...lol
It is awesome!!! Got him/her out quickly and within seconds the humidty was back up at 65!!!

I just looked at your pics. That one 'bator is huge! Very cool. i almost bought an industrial sized incubator because it was on craigslist for $300 & held like a million eggs but I didn't know how I'd get it to my house. I opted for a GQF instead, which I got for cheep on CL as well. Here's a pic.

Okay....so I have another chick from my "1st test batch" in my new incubator!!! It is a cute lil black and white chick!!! Sugar (the first chick, she s white) has now got a friend, but her friend has not been named yet!!!

Back
Top Bottom