The Incubator Thread

wee.gif

How long can I collect eggs from my girls before I put them in my bator? This is from Texas A&M university poultry department:
Egg Storage Reminder:

Store less than 10 days.
Maintain temperature between 55 degrees to 65 degrees F.
Keep relative humidity at 75 percent (50 to 60 degrees F wet
bulb temperature).
Turn eggs stored more than a week.
Handle the eggs with care!

So I have a chick that peek a small hole this morning but it hasn't really crack or broke anymore. But it still peeping pretty good. Is this a normal situation?
Yes, give it a day---see what is happening. Sometimes I have one that will pip---and not hatch till I take them out 2+ days later---I will then finish breaking it out the shell and leave them in the bator---- alot of them that I have had to help were fine in a few hours then I place them with the rest. "I" NEVER open the incubator to help for NO reason----until they are all hatched or day 22. Good Luck

Last edited:
I'm a first timer incubating eggs (duck) and I have a question. I let the incubator heat over night and put a thermometer in. It was not digital and it showed 100 degrees. My information said 99.5 the first 26 days so I put the eggs in. Four days later, my husband brought in a digital thermometer and checked each egg. Their temperatures range from 101.4 to 104.0 degrees. Have I killed my eggs or can I adjust and continue?

Last edited:
Yes, give it a day---see what is happening. Sometimes I have one that will pip---and not hatch till I take them out 2+ days later---I will then finish breaking it out the shell and leave them in the bator---- alot of them that I have had to help were fine in a few hours then I place them with the rest. "I" NEVER open the incubator to help for NO reason----until they are all hatched or day 22. Good Luck
it hatch out i was just being paranoid. is it normal for one to hatch early? tomorrow day 21

I'm new to back yard chickens but I've always had chickens. we usually let the hens do all the work but this year we decided to use a incubator. We bought the hova-bator 2362E because we heard allot of good things about it.We turned it on three days ago to get ready for the eggs it was holding steady at a temp of 100 degrees. when I put the eggs in last night the temp drop to 90 degrees and has not gotten any higher yet. I'm starting to worry will the chicks develop at 90 degrees? What do I do???? Please HELP

Back
Top Bottom