The Incubator Thread

just for seeing in to monitor the hatching chicks without opening as I'm using this for hatching, got it fixed so incubation is fine in the LG but it freaks out as soon as you up the humidity

have to wafer t stat so won't be dealing with digital ****
OH, I guess I missed the part about you building a hatcher now. A big picture frame glass and some silicone should work. Good Luck. Pictures, pictures!!

I just bought two high speed fans for the incubator. Dont go cheap on fan speed or a person will regret it with a cabinet incubator...

Has anyone that you know of built an incubator that expands. I was helping the wife with adding the center piece to the table for guests and while I was on my back unlatching all of those stupid latches under the table, this idea dawned on me. All a person would have to do is add the middle piece to the incubator for more hatches and for less hatches all they have to do is simply take the center out. The only problem is the door while the airflow could be controlled with dimmers. Everything could be sealed with weatherstripping.

Last edited:
I just bought two high speed fans for the incubator. Dont go cheap on fan speed or a person will regret it with a cabinet incubator...

Has anyone that you know of built an incubator that expands. I was helping the wife with adding the center piece to the table for guests and while I was on my back unlatching all of those stupid latches under the table, this idea dawned on me. All a person would have to do is add the middle piece to the incubator for more hatches and for less hatches all they have to do is simply take the center out. The only problem is the door while the airflow could be controlled with dimmers. Everything could be sealed with weatherstripping.
LOL, Stryker you got incubator on the Brain---LOL.

I'm making a home made incubator day 2... Is it looking good so far?

Last edited:
Hi. I do incubator for 88 eggs. What power should have a heating cable? Dimensions the incubator is 55x50x15 cm. I think about 90 watts and a length of 9 meters. I will not use the fan. Eggs are rotated in a single row trays.

Hi. I do incubator for 88 eggs. What power should have a heating cable? Dimensions the incubator is 55x50x15 cm. I think about 90 watts and a length of 9 meters. I will not use the fan. Eggs are rotated in a single row trays.
Probably about 50 to 60 watts. Most styrofoam a little smaller than that have 25 to 40 watts. Why not a fan?????

Last edited:
Thanks for the answer. I want to resign from fan. The heating cable evenly spread under the eggs. Eggs will be placed under the ceiling of the incubator. There is a hot air from heater. In addition, the egg trays do not block the air flow. The incubator will be more insulated from the outside. I will do vents at the top and bottom to allow air to be exchanged. Water tank I still have to adjust the size.

Last edited:
Thanks for the answer. I want to resign from fan. The heating cable evenly spread under the eggs. Eggs will be placed under the ceiling of the incubator. There is a hot air from heater. In addition, the egg trays do not block the air flow. The incubator will be more insulated from the outside. I will do vents at the top and bottom to allow air to be exchanged. Water tank I still have to adjust the size.

Very nice... what are your plans for the egg turners and motor?

Back
Top Bottom