The Incubator Thread

Just would like to share my find from today. Plugged everything in and it all works great but I believe I will be refurbishing some of the inside parts along with cord that had a slice in it. Be been into hatching eggs for about 6 months now and have decided to get pretty serious about it but stay on a budget. This cabinet popped up for $100 today so I drove 2 hours to pick it up. I think I got a great dea. Now just trying to find some more information on it. I believe it's a leahy 1200. It's a 8 shelf model and the shelf have the slide turners on them. You push or pull the slide to turn the eggs. I cannot believe everything works for as old as it is. Now just trying to clean it up a bit and get some small things refurbished and get some eggs in it.
Did you plug it in and let it get up to temp for a few hours? Nice Find!

Did you plug it in and let it get up to temp for a few hours? Nice Find!

I plugged it in and it got up to temp but as soon as it did I shut it down. Just wanted to check to see if it was working. Everything seems to be working I've just been trying to find more info on this model. Most of the links I have found are no longer working. The cord has a slice in it so I didn't really want to risk a fire although I'm sure it would have been fine. Can't wait to get it cleaned up and fixed up and get some eggs in it after getting the temp set.

I plugged it in and it got up to temp but as soon as it did I shut it down. Just wanted to check to see if it was working. Everything seems to be working I've just been trying to find more info on this model. Most of the links I have found are no longer working. The cord has a slice in it so I didn't really want to risk a fire although I'm sure it would have been fine. Can't wait to get it cleaned up and fixed up and get some eggs in it after getting the temp set.

It probably a simple incubator to work on----to add a new cord etc. How many eggs are you planning to hatch-----Thats a Big Incubator-----figuring the 1200 means it will hold 1200 eggs.

It probably a simple incubator to work on----to add a new cord etc. How many eggs are you planning to hatch-----Thats a Big Incubator-----figuring the 1200 means it will hold 1200 eggs.

Yes sir I just found out it's rated for 1200 eggs. It's much bigger than I originally thought it was. I'm looking at one shelf per week and seeing how fast I can move them after they start hatching. Was originally planning on setting around 500 but test running it with 1-200 for the first run. Almost seems like a waste to only run 100 eggs in it now that I know it does 1200.

Yes sir I just found out it's rated for 1200 eggs. It's much bigger than I originally thought it was. I'm looking at one shelf per week and seeing how fast I can move them after they start hatching. Was originally planning on setting around 500 but test running it with 1-200 for the first run. Almost seems like a waste to only run 100 eggs in it now that I know it does 1200.

Are you going to incubate in it as well as hatch? I incubate in mine and move them to the hatcher on day 18 so my incubator stays clean as well as the hatcher needs a higher humidity.

Hi, I am thinking of purchasing the 1502 Sportsman Cabinet Egg Incubator
Egg Turning/Hatcher Combo but, i dont know what hatch trays will hold goose,turkey,and duck eggs?? If you could send me the model name that would be great!!

Hi, I am thinking of purchasing the 1502 Sportsman Cabinet Egg Incubator
Egg Turning/Hatcher Combo but, i dont know what hatch trays will hold goose,turkey,and duck eggs?? If you could send me the model name that would be great!!
http://incubatorwarehouse.com/x-large-cabinet-incubator-egg-tray.html this is the trays you need. You can get them from other places as well as GQF-----just a link for you to see them. "I" personally rather not hatch in my cabinet incubator but a lot of people do. I move all mine to a hatcher wth higher humidity, keeps my incubator clean---- but I hatch a lot.

It's been a week and 3 days since the raccoons attacked my ducks, left 6 dead and 3 wounded. I had a few eggs in the fridge and remember reading that fertilized eggs can be held in cool temperatures for up to 3 weeks before putting in the incubator. I sprang into action, bought an incubator from Amazon on Monday & had it delivered Tuesday (What would we do without Amazon & our trusty UPS driver out here in the sticks?). I purchased the Brinsea Mini Advance. It will hold 7 eggs, but it was just too crowded with that many duck eggs. I placed 6 eggs in it Tuesday night, keeping my fingers crossed. Tonight marks 1 week of incubation. So, I just "candled" them and to my delight what do I see? An embryo and blood vessels forming in every one! :)

It's been a week and 3 days since the raccoons attacked my ducks, left 6 dead and 3 wounded. I had a few eggs in the fridge and remember reading that fertilized eggs can be held in cool temperatures for up to 3 weeks before putting in the incubator. I sprang into action, bought an incubator from Amazon on Monday & had it delivered Tuesday (What would we do without Amazon & our trusty UPS driver out here in the sticks?). I purchased the Brinsea Mini Advance. It will hold 7 eggs, but it was just too crowded with that many duck eggs. I placed 6 eggs in it Tuesday night, keeping my fingers crossed. Tonight marks 1 week of incubation. So, I just "candled" them and to my delight what do I see? An embryo and blood vessels forming in every one!
smile.png

Alright good luck with your hatch
wee.gif

Back
Top Bottom