The Incubator Thread

Exactly the reason I asked! I don't want to waste time, money and eggs. I really want that Mini Advanced one, but seems out of budget reach at moment. Any others to consider with the "fool proof" options?

Personally for me I love the HovaBator 1588 with our IncuTurn tray, its what I use at home and I love it. Next go around I am going to use the HumidiKit with it just to make it easier. If you are on a budget I suggest the HovaBator 1602N but get it with the circulated fan kit and the IncuTurn tray and motor. Best of luck.

When I was researching for a new bator this one you found was also in my top 2. I was told that the turner that don't turn like we would like it to has a tendancy to not work at all. I was also told that the heat isn't consistant through the bator. Hatch rates are a little better than a styfofoam bator. I went ahead and bought a Brinsea Octagon 20. I am very satisfied with how well it works. The hatch rates are excelllent and that is the main reason for hatching in the first place. Especially when you hae special eggs that you really want them all to hatch from.

I highly reccommend a Brinsea.
thumbsup.gif

When I was researching for a new bator this one you found was also in my top 2. I was told that the turner that don't turn like we would like it to has a tendancy to not work at all. I was also told that the heat isn't consistant through the bator. Hatch rates are a little better than a styfofoam bator.  I went ahead and bought a Brinsea Octagon 20. I am very satisfied with how well it works. The hatch rates are excelllent and that is the main reason for hatching in the first place. Especially when you hae special eggs that you really want them all to hatch from.

I highly reccommend a Brinsea:thumbsup
Thank you!

There are no reviews on the purchase site...which made me nervous. The price seems good. It would be to hatch eggs laid in my backyard...with 3 accidental roosters, I figure karma says hatch babies..lol

Any suggestions to a good auto turning incubator under $100?

I used the 56 egg clear top from eBay all summer with good results. Just search 56 egg incubator and you'll see them. I paid $100 shipped. I think there are smaller cheaper ones as well.

Any reccomendations on a multi breed tray incubator? I have chickens but plan on getting other birds as well. Unless some one has a broody hen near me in central florida

Any reccomendations on a multi breed tray incubator? I have chickens but plan on getting other birds as well. Unless some one has a broody hen near me in central florida

So with my last hatch I used a HovaBator 1588 with our IncuTurn tray and hatched a barnyard mix of chicken eggs with them. My co-workers have used the same tray with turkey, quail, duck, and chicken and have great hatch rates as well. This is a great tray to add on to a 1588 or 1602N, we also over an incubator called the IncuView which has a similar style universal tray, however I have not had a chance to use it personally but I know several of my co-workers have for various eggs and have had great rates as well.

So those would be my 2 picks for multi-use tray incubators...best of luck.

Back
Top Bottom