The Incubator Thread

I have not used farm innovators before. But it resembles an LG to me. Had bad results with one like that.

If it's in you budget I would go with a 1588 genesis. I have a couple of those. One that is preset. One digital control. For a styro you can't get much better.

The turners for lgs and miller's will work in the genesis.

I use one similar to the second one. I suppose it is a newer version of that Farm Innovators. It is the 4250 I believe, and I got it at Tractor Supply for around that same price. I have not had any issues with it. It is a styrofoam incubator but is encased in plastic, which I think helps with keeping the temps even. I do adjust it half a degree down in the morning and half a degree up in the morning in the summer, but that is partly because of the room that I keep it in. For me, it has been a set it and forget it incubator, and I do a lot of hatching.

The most affordable is the Brinsea mini manual. This would fit 10 medium eggs and 9 larger ones. You have to turn yourself a few time a day. The Janoel-12 is not as trustworthy and it just crushed two of my eggs. This is easy to happen as there is no visibility when the turner is in place and to check them or add water you often lifting the top but the time you don't highly precisely put it down in correct place for tuner pin to insert, eggs get crushed. Also temperature was not consistant and humidity is uncertain. But I use it for emergency overflow and its good for lockdown as chick run aroud area better than my brinseas

Hello everyone,
So I picked up a Styrofoam incubator from a Wild Life Rescue group a 9200 i believe. Boy it is driving me crazy keeping the temp/humidity right so needless to say Im looking to upgrade it when I get my tax return. Am hoping the 18 eggs that look good will hatch. So that being said here are what I want my next one to be able to do 1.) Hatch Chicken large breeds,Turkeys and Bantams 50-100 eggs 2.) Auto turning have broken a couple eggs hand turning. 3.) Simply plug in set temp and humidity and eggs and walk away
4.) Don't have a hard set price range but want the best for my money since Im going to start hatching eggs for people.

Thanks peeps I look forward to reading your suggestions and going shopping basic on your thoughts.

God no , had enough of them

Back
Top Bottom