The Incubator Thread

I love my Brinsea 20. I couldn't afford the Turner and didn't want the water tank. If the egg is fertile it will hatch in the Brinsea. I rarely do large batches so I use the Brinsea. I used lgs for several years and they are as nightmare. I bought a Hovobator which is as little better but it's still s styrofoam Bator and as pain to use. I sold the lgs and keep the Hovobator for a hatcher. I'm using an GQF cabinet for the first time this weekend.

Those trays are too big for my Bator but I sent them a question inquiring about some that would fit mine. Thank you for the link

What kind of incubator you got? Oh yea a 1202. They will fit right in it. You just have to pull the hatching trays out. Then put the hatching trays back in on day 18 when you stop turning----lay the eggs in the trays.

Remove the metal trays like in this one.

Last edited:
hmm.png

Was it one of these by any chance ~ http://www.brinsea.co.uk/importedincubators/
I know this is from the UK site but many of these are sold all over the world.
Thank you so much for posting this link! I almost bought one of those on the list, thankfully I saw this first!

Well, just to close the loop I ended up getting the GQF Genesis 1588 with the auto turner and quail rails. On our maiden journey we put 118 coturnix eggs I bought off ebay into the bator and ended up with 65 chicks. Considering we have never done this before and the eggs were shipped 2/3 the way across the US, I count a hatch rate over 50% for our first time as a good success. The 1588 was easy to use and maintained temp and humidity levels well.

What's the best CHEAP incubator for at least 20 eggs that has everything come with it where I won't have to buy anything?

Back
Top Bottom