The khaki-Campbell duck Thread !!!!!!!!

Your khaki looks like a drake. He looks like my drake, how old is he/she? Around 6-8 months some tail feathers will curl and that means it's a male and females don't have the tail feathers curl.

They are 3 months old. I was thinkinb he was a drake too, he just looked to different than my females. If I have 2 males and 2 females do you think I will have any problems with aggression or anything? They were a straight run when I got them. I am not only new to this site but new to ducks in general :)

Looks like a drake to me, see the light olive bill, as well as the colorful plumage? They look just like my 2, and my hen. They are also showing a lot of interest in my hen chickens. To the point of chasing and pinning to the ground. I heard this was possible, one writer hear said no. But when it's right in front of you happening, I have to believe my eyes. There has also been a pecking order change, The chickens bullied the ducks as they were little. Tides are turning as the ducks are defending what they have claimed "THEIR AREA", mostly their pool and surrounding 20 feet or so. But I am new at ducks, so I am learning by observation.

Looks like a drake to me, see the light olive bill, as well as the colorful plumage? They look just like my 2, and my hen. They are also showing a lot of interest in my hen chickens. To the point of chasing and pinning to the ground. I heard this was possible, one writer hear said no. But when it's right in front of you happening, I have to believe my eyes. There has also been a pecking order change, The chickens bullied the ducks as they were little. Tides are turning as the ducks are defending what they have claimed "THEIR AREA", mostly their pool and surrounding 20 feet or so. But I am new at ducks, so I am learning by observation. 

Thank you for the information. I free range my ducks, chickens & guineas. When your ducks pin your chickens, is it in the open or in a more confined area like a barn?

They are 3 months old. I was thinkinb he was a drake too, he just looked to different than my females. If I have 2 males and 2 females do you think I will have any problems with aggression or anything? They were a straight run when I got them. I am not only new to this site but new to ducks in general :)

I don't believe so unless one of the drakes is really aggressive, it really just depends. I've read that having less then 10 ducks that u can pair them 5 & 5. More then that u want more females then males. And this includes all breeds, because possibly crossbreeding might happen and also possibly loss of ducks.

Take caution!! The duck reproductive tracts are spiral shaped, as apposed to straight for the chickens, and if the ducks attempt to breed the hens, they will injure and kill your hens from internal damage.

It's in the back yard, will chase the hens down and pen them. They don't fool with the teenagers or Big Jake. They are still vying for dominance. But the ducks are taking over. By the way, Curly Sue hates squirrels. Will chase them half way across the yard to tree them. Really funny.

Thank you for the information. I free range my ducks, chickens & guineas. When your ducks pin your chickens, is it in the open or in a more confined area like a barn?
It's in the back yard, will chase the hens down and pen them. They don't fool with the teenagers or Big Jake. They are still vying for dominance. But the ducks are taking over. By the way, Curly Sue hates squirrels. Will chase them half way across the yard to tree them. Really funny. sorry, still learning how to use all this quote and post stuff. I'm getting it slowly haha
I reckon them hens will figure it out and stay out of the ducks turf 30' around their pool area. They have plenty of room to escape em, and can go to the,barn, rabbitry, or wild life area if needed. It will work it's self out in the end, so to speak.

Last edited:
Hello, I'm new here so sorry if posting in the wrong place. I just wanted to post a pic of one of our Khaki's to see if people think its a drake or not. My wife and I are pretty new to the chicken world and brand new to the duck world. The duck is around four to five months and think it may be a male but not sure. I'm not sure how old till the head starts turning green. Thanks for your help.

Back
Top Bottom