The khaki-Campbell duck Thread !!!!!!!!

Hello, I'm new here so sorry if posting in the wrong place. I just wanted to post a pic of one of our Khaki's to see if people think its a drake or not. My wife and I are pretty new to the chicken world and brand new to the duck world. The duck is around four to five months and think it may be a male but not sure. I'm not sure how old till the head starts turning green. Thanks for your help.

Not 100% sure but looks like my Khaki Campbell girls. By that age my drake had his tail curled (by 4 months) and by 5 months the girls are laying and the drake has been breeding them. Now if someone only knew how big the eggs are going to get?

Not 100% sure but looks like my Khaki Campbell girls. By that age my drake had his tail curled (by 4 months) and by 5 months the girls are laying and the drake has been breeding them. Now if someone only knew how big the eggs are going to get?

Here's a couple comparison shots for you. My one duck (of three but two are not laying yet) has been laying for about a month and I think this is how big they're going to get.

The duck egg(s) are the white ones

Mine are breeding but if she is laying I can't find them. I have a fairly large wildlife area and a stand of black berries and ornamental grass they love to hang out in. They have the undergrowth beat down well but no eggs there, YET. If I let the chickens out early, they will lay in the wildlife area. Have found them in several places including one of my stored rabbit nest boxes on the shelf under the two units. Leave them in their area till 3pm and the eggs have been laid in the coup boxes by then. It's all fun. The ducks are a riot to watch. They aren't doing well with the teenage ducklings, but there is plenty of room and escape routs for them. As well as multiple feeding and watering stations. They slip into the duck pool at night and eat from the adults pan. The 3 adults can't watch every place at once. haha

Quote: Thanks. So slightly larger than chicken eggs. Two of our three hens are laying. Today when we brought the two duck eggs in one had gotten significantly larger. Wonder if that is how large they are going to be or if it could be a double yolker. Yours look nice and white. Mine look to be a motled white. I washed one to see if anything happened to the color and it stayed the same.

Back
Top Bottom