The khaki-Campbell duck Thread !!!!!!!!

Are ya makin boxes? I'm just curious coz what I did was make them a 2' wide 4' long 4in high tray when they were ducklings and filled it with straw and shaving. Then when they started laying I made another tray and put golf balls in it. Now they sleep and poop in the first one but keep the other nice and clean and only lay in it. Maybe that will help you coz Im assuming you know that ducks knees are weak and they shouldn't jump in boxes like chickens(and if you didn't, now you know. lol).

Last edited:
Are ya makin boxes? I'm just curious coz what I did was make them a 2' wide 4' long 4in high tray when they were ducklings and filled it with straw and shaving. Then when they started laying I made another tray and put golf balls in it. Now they sleep and poop in the first one but keep the other nice and clean and only lay in it. Maybe that will help you coz Im assuming you know that ducks knees are weak and they shouldn't jump in boxes like chickens(and if you didn't, now you know. lol).
.....how many hens?....I have 11.

4...lol
But I have two drakes and they stay out of the lay box...its probably not for everyone, but Im just telling you what I did so you maybe don't have to build proper boxes with sides and a roof like for chickens

Well, I think it is a really Good idea....and very practical.....but going to put the GLWs nests on top of the KC and Rouen nests....they share a bldg....but, are separated....so, only have access to half of the overall bldg....to conserve space decided to Stack them.....ducks will have the tubs we used during 'Brooding' as the actual nesting box....but building a frame to support the upper nests....if that makes any sense to ya....don't explain things too well sometimes....LOL

Back
Top Bottom