The khaki-Campbell duck Thread !!!!!!!!

I'm writing to let you know from my experience of owning Khaki Campbell ducks that the one your speaking of definitely looks to one but I would have to say that it's a drake(male) instead of a duck(female). Depending on its age which looks to me as though it may be a few months old but has the characteristics of a drake, the orange legs and feet and the lighter colored bill. If he is young then he still has to grow his curled tail feather and possible the color of his head to get darker in color to a bit shade of deep green. Another way to tell is their quack, drakes sound as though they have laryngitis and the ducks will quack. Hope this all helps!

I'm planning on ordering some campbell ducks this year. I'm curious about the color varieties-dark, khaki, white & pied.

First of all I've never even seen a photo of a Pied Campbell duck-what do they look like?

If I have dark, khaki and white...how do the colors mix? Can I pen them together, if they interbred what would I get?

Thanks all looking forward to having some of these cute little things.

Hi everyone, I new to ducks. I hatched 2 khaki Campbell's and 1 indian runner do any of them look like females
This picture they are about 5 days

This one 9. Days

This one 11days

I just love them

Hi everyone, I new to ducks. I hatched 2 khaki Campbell's and 1 indian runner do any of them look like females
This picture they are about 5 days

This one 9. Days
This one 11days

I just love them
At these ages it is almost impossible (except for vent sexing) to determine the gender of your ducks. Just give it time. As they develop their adult feathers, at least in the Khaki, you will beging to see a darker head and possibly the bill getting lighter in the male. They sure are cute. Keep posting pictures as they grow.

At these ages it is almost impossible (except for vent sexing) to determine the gender of your ducks. Just give it time. As they develop their adult feathers, at least in the Khaki, you will beging to see a darker head and possibly the bill getting lighter in the male. They sure are cute. Keep posting pictures as they grow.

Thank you for getting back to me. I knew it was kinda to soon to tell.

I purchased 4 3-month old KCs advertised as 3 females + 1 drake. I watched for coloration differences, listened for voice differences, and looked for any sign of the telling tail feather. They look alike, sound alike and no one developed a tail feather. Good news is I get 4 eggs a day!

No problem. Another thing is, as they develop their adult feathers, if there are males they will develop a Drake Feather which is a curled feather on the end of their tail. Also, as they mature, the females will continue to make a quack while the male will have a "voice change" to something that is more raspy. Just be patient. Ducks grow really fast and you should begin to see signs of genter when they are 7-10 weeks old.

This is my girl, Cadbury. 
68502_p1060359.jpg

Dose anyone else's KC lay anything besides white/cream eggs? I got my first duck egg today, and am trying to figure out who laid it. I thought her and my ancona were both supposed to lay white eggs. I think the egg is from her, she seems more mature and is more flirty with the drake. /img/smilies/hu.gif And the egg is white, under the green if that makes any sense. One end of the egg the green was kind of peeled back and white under it?
68502_p1060427.jpg

I imagine I'll eventually catch one in the act and figure it out, but thought it couldn't hurt to ask. /img/smilies/smile.png

My Ancona look just like yours! :)

I'm getting 6 Khaki Campbell ducklings in May , and I have some questions.
Have any of you had experience with hawks killings your full grown Campbells?Hawks worry me because our property has a LOT of trees and we see hawks every day.
Does oyster shell have an expiration date?It is so much cheaper to buy a 50lb bag from the feed store than a 5lb , since 50lbs is 10$ , and 5lbs is 5$.(Different brands).
How much feed do your adult ducks consume daily?I know everybody is different when it comes to this question , but my ducks would free range a half acre fenced backyard during the day , so it might be less than ducks confined to a run.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom