The khaki-Campbell duck Thread !!!!!!!!

I have a newbie duckling question...
I was looking to buy several of these for our homestead. The store I got them from had them as "yellow with dark heads" on the identification poster. We got a few and we also added an all brown one (light brown) that they said was an indian runner.

Google shows Khaki Campbell ducklings as all brown, not yellow with brown heads. What do your Khaki Campbell chicks look like?

My khakis were all a fairly dark brown with black legs & feet, and black bills when they were ducklings.

I'm not sure what breed the yellow one would be, but not a khaki.

I have a newbie duckling question...
I was looking to buy several of these for our homestead. The store I got them from had them as "yellow with dark heads" on the identification poster. We got a few and we also added an all brown one (light brown) that they said was an indian runner.

Google shows Khaki Campbell ducklings as all brown, not yellow with brown heads. What do your Khaki Campbell chicks look like?
Mine are tan at hatching. Aren't Pekings yellow when they hatch? -DB

I got a few all whites that are supposed to be pekins (they are the larger ones in the photo below. The "dark faced" ones are the smaller yellow ones with darkened heads/ eye areas. I think the tan one is a khaki?

Here are some pics to help identify:

Kaessa, I think you're right the little ones are runners. See how they're kind of standing up straighter in the upper pic? Runners, I think.

I have 2 Young Khaki ducklings Thinking ones a boy and ones a girl (one sorta quacks sometimes). Question? Do they go broody? Read they dont compared to other breeds?

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom