The khaki-Campbell duck Thread !!!!!!!!

I tried posting pics of my babies and didn't work but I have mallard/Campbell crosses
I think you arent allowed to post photos until you have been active on the forum a while longer, until it stops saying ''your post will be approved by a mod'' or something like that
Try again later, we wanna see your pics

I have a Khaki question. If my girl continues to lay through the winter, will she molt in the spring? She is 8 months old and currently still laying an egg a day. Her feathers faded a lot this summer and she only got a few new ones this fall and she is looking pretty rough. I do not give them any extra light but the yard lights get turned on for a few minutes when the dog goes out.

My ducks - Runners, Buffs, and a few others including a mostly Khaki mix, molt when they molt. Sometimes their feathers get pretty dry and faded.

I give them the best food I can, with some fresh salad and a little cat kibble regularly for supplements. I also add a tiny bit of turmeric to their layer food daily, and some extra calcium for the laying flock. They have free choice oyster shell also. The trio that includes a drake has layer feed and oyster shell on the side but no additional calcium beyond that.

Back
Top Bottom