The khaki-Campbell duck Thread !!!!!!!!

I am so dumb.  I forgot you only have the four Khakis and all the female Runners.  On my phone the pictures all looked like they were one giant picture with lots of Khakis and several males.  I get it now.  Yeah, I think your ratio is fine!  He might be one tired boy when he gets a little bigger! ;)

Yeah he may ! Haha. Thats good ! Hopefully he will be a good guy.

Any ideas on what to do, my ducks are flooding the pin they are in. Only 3 weeks old so I can't put them out side yet. What do you do to keep you brooder dry?

Any ideas on what to do, my ducks are flooding the pin they are in. Only 3 weeks old so I can't put them out side yet. What do you do to keep you brooder dry?

I used a rubbermade lid

And i brooded out in the coop. But still had to top off pine shavings once or twice a day
Ducklings are just messy! And i changed the shavings completely every 3 days

My ducks are getting messy, their about 2-3 weeks (not feathered) I was wondering if I could put them in the stall in the barn? The barn isn't heated and the temperature (outside and in the barn) is mid 30 degrees to mid 40 degrees (Fahrenheit, I don't go by Celsius lol) is it to cold for them? There in the basement which stays at low 50s..could I put them outside in the barn? The temperature outside is rising, so by Friday it will reach 52, and only go up from there.

You can put them in the barn, but at 30-40 degrees I would put a heat lamp with them too. Can you get one out there? I put mine out before they were fully feathered in their current outside house (they were too big for the brooder), but it was still March, so they needed a heat lamp till they were fully feathered

My ducks are getting messy, their about 2-3 weeks (not feathered) I was wondering if I could put them in the stall in the barn? The barn isn't heated and the temperature (outside and in the barn) is mid 30 degrees to mid 40 degrees (Fahrenheit, I don't go by Celsius lol) is it to cold for them? There in the basement which stays at low 50s..could I put them outside in the barn? The temperature outside is rising, so by Friday it will reach 52, and only go up from there.

Do you not have heat in the basement at 50 degrees?
I would say 50 is too cold for 2-3 weeks.
Mine are 4 and 5 weeks old now and they are out without heat tho. There are 13 of them and they stay plenty warm. But ducks grow fast.. so a week difference in feather growth and size is alot. If they are 3 weeks I would give them another week atleast before you move them out without heat.
If they are 2 weeks i would give 2 more weeks.

Do you not have heat in the basement at 50 degrees?
I would say 50 is too cold for 2-3 weeks.
Mine are 4 and 5 weeks old now and they are out without heat tho. There are 13 of them and they stay plenty warm. But ducks grow fast.. so a week difference in feather growth and size is alot. If they are 3 weeks I would give them another week atleast before you move them out without heat.
If they are 2 weeks i would give 2 more weeks.

No because they don't need it lol, they aren't even cold. I would know because they would be huddled up together. I don't do it for the chicks because it makes them hardy once their older. I can see faint little feathers on there tail. I also don't have a plug out in the barn to even plugin the heat lamp

No because they don't need it lol, they aren't even cold. I would know because they would be huddled up together. I don't do it for the chicks because it makes them hardy once their older. I can see faint little feathers on there tail. I also don't have a plug out in the barn to even plugin the heat lamp

Well then personally i wouldnt move out 2 week olds without heat. Just run an extension cord. Or wait another week .

Back
Top Bottom