The khaki-Campbell duck Thread !!!!!!!!

Can definitely here the quacks now. I'm not sure if I just have two females quacking when I hear them though. The middle one is pretty dark.
Do ducks like to take dirt baths like chickens? Just wondering

In another week or so when the back feathers come in it will be more helpful for determining sex. It looks like the dark one may be a male.
I had two dark babies and one light
And 1 dark turned out male
And 1 dark and 1 light turned out female
Once those feathers came in it was easier.
The girls get light penciling on those feathers and the drakes stay dark brown without the penciling, only on this area of their backs .
The rest of their feathers have penciling.

I hold them about 4 inches up when the water is deep enough (duckie cannonball
gig.gif
) As long as they dont hit their legs on the base of the pool
wink.png
And I would never do that with young ducklings, just ones that are a month plus
I know you wouldn't do that with young ducklings. Duckie cannonball is funny. I have actually tossed my Muscovy drake in the pool many a time for not being nice. He just glides across the pool and comes out on the ramp.
hmm.png

I know you wouldn't do that with young ducklings. Duckie cannonball is funny. I have actually tossed my Muscovy drake in the pool many a time for not being nice. He just glides across the pool and comes out on the ramp.
hmm.png
I miss it, coz now they are big, the pools are too small, and my big one broke :( So they might get hurt if I drop them...
That is punishment?
lol.png
tongue.png

Never dust baths :D  Now, mud, on the other hand... Anything with a water content of more than 50% will be bathed in. (thats a law of ducks:p )
Ohh yes! lol Idk why I forgot that they take their 'baths' in the water
1f602.png
XD

In another week or so when the back feathers come in it will be more helpful for determining sex. It looks like the dark one may be a male.
I had two dark babies and one light
And 1 dark turned out male
And 1 dark and 1 light turned out female
Once those feathers came in it was easier.
The girls get light penciling on those feathers and the drakes stay dark brown without the penciling, only on this area of their backs .
The rest of their feathers have penciling.

Ok I'll definitely post updated pics then XD

Thank you guys for answering all my questions! Been a great help!!!!

Back
Top Bottom