The Legbar Thread!

I still think male.

Here's a close up of my for-sure female-- see the definite V marking on her head compared to yours? Yours is more of a blob than a V.

Well, shoot. That makes 5 out of 5 hatched (one died after first day) all males. Means I'll have to set some more in the bator!
wink.png

Well, shoot. That makes 5 out of 5 hatched (one died after first day) all males. Means I'll have to set some more in the bator!
wink.png
Sure are a lot of boys! LOL. You guys are making me nervous about my next move. I sent one of my roosters to a new home on Friday. Now, the rooster that I really like is alone with the girls. I think I want to hatch some more eggs after a few weeks have passed to see how his babies turn out.

Here is a picture of Edward in his new home. Apparently he has been befriended by a RIR/CLB cross hen. They adore each other.

Anyone else hatch any chicks that look silver? I will try to get some pics today of the mystery chick. It came from my legbar pen, hatched from a gorgeous blue egg, and it is clearly a silver chick, the down color is the same as my silver phoenix chicks. On the plus side, it doesn't have a spot on the head so at least it is a lady.

I have a little male who I need to update the progress on, he was about the same dark silver color when he hatched. I have more eggs in the bator, so hopefully he'll have a few girlfriends in a few weeks.

Those chicks look like little chick-skin rugs. Perfect for the well-decorated doll house.
(blurgh)
and here I thought you were going to coment on my well planed genetic research....

Anyways, this Dilute gene from Buff leghorns does not explain the "Dark Barred" Males, normal Barring in its homozygous form will dilute the males chick down, so I still think its the "Dark Barring": vs the "Light Barring" genes at play here

Back
Top Bottom