The Middle Tennessee Thread

I don't have any hatching this week maybe next week.  They are due tomorrow and I didn't have time to put them in the hatching baskets and 2 had hatched before I got them sorted into baskets.  That was pushing it. 
When you get a few hatched let me know :) my dad works in A City now so I can get him to meet you or I can on a trip down. I would rather keep them close in age in the new coop.

Quote:
I hatch EVERY Saturday so check with me next week. I know I started slipping them into my hatches about then so should have some in a week. If so they should be fine together. I keep them together when i have smaller hatches. Just 2 week worth not more but my hatches are pretty big even the small ones. If I forget ask me next week.

I hatch EVERY Saturday so check with me next week.  I know I started slipping them into my hatches about then so should have some in a week.  If so they should be fine together.  I keep them together when i have smaller hatches.  Just 2 week worth not more but my hatches are pretty big even the small ones.  If I forget ask me next week.
Yayayayayayay! I found about 5 pallets today so I have some scrap wood to play with for a second coop. Can't wait!

Last edited:
Got my 1st ever pure breed Cream Legbar hen egg just now!!!! It is large/jumbo and as soon as it comes to room temp it is going into the bator; happy dance :)

Meanwhile, the last 2 days I got my first ever Olive eggs, really nice dark eggs and also JUMBO (the pullets didn't lay in fall so are now hen sized w/ jumbo pullet eggs) not sure which of 5 girls gave me these but they are likely from Sorco's flock or poss. Goose & Fig, either way they are everything I'd hoped both Jumbo and pretty so THANKS!

It must be close to spring, all the chickens say so ;>

Got my 1st ever pure breed Cream Legbar hen egg just now!!!! It is large/jumbo and as soon as it comes to room temp it is going into the bator; happy dance :)

Meanwhile, the last 2 days I got my first ever Olive eggs, really nice dark eggs and also JUMBO (the pullets didn't lay in fall so are now hen sized w/ jumbo pullet eggs) not sure which of 5 girls gave me these but they are likely from Sorco's flock or poss. Goose & Fig, either way they are everything I'd hoped both Jumbo and pretty so THANKS!

It must be close to spring, all the chickens say so ;>

Those Legbars lay some BIG OLE EGGS DON"T THEY! Love that about them. If I can ever get me some chicks to hatch I will get going on those too. Not had much luck hatching from mine. They will start then stop or are clear. I sold my first 2 hens for little of nothing because I could not hatch anything from them for months. One laid a soft shell egg the other laid a HUGE EGG off the chart big and chicks just will not hatch from eggs that big but they almost never got that far in the bator.

Those Legbars lay some BIG OLE EGGS DON"T THEY! Love that about them. If I can ever get me some chicks to hatch I will get going on those too. Not had much luck hatching from mine. They will start then stop or are clear. I sold my first 2 hens for little of nothing because I could not hatch anything from them for months. One laid a soft shell egg the other laid a HUGE EGG off the chart big and chicks just will not hatch from eggs that big but they almost never got that far in the bator.

I hatched Victoria & Prince and a couple I didn't keep out of eggs from other flocks and those had no issues.

Prince was over my layer flock last fall and the CL x eggs were 100% fertile and hatched well, I have a pol pullet I kept who should make eggs any day now :)

Victoria, who laid the Jumbo blue egg today is currently under GoodKingHenry a CL roo who has made a ton of chicks for me over some EE pullets this winter, so
I have high hopes for the upcoming CL hatching, GKH has 3 other pol CL pullets with him so in theory I should be getting over a doz. hatchable CL eggs / wk every soon...time will tell...

I have a roo that does his job but he seems to only have one copy of the blue egg gene.... don't think I want to keep him.

I have 3-4 CCL pullets so I should get more eggs too.... I have 1 pullet about 3 months old too. She will get added soon.

I'm thinking one of the rabbits we got stuck with is actually a male. Sooo, I may have some babies lol. We're planning on building a smaller coop on the opposite side of our yard to house my 2 SBEL I plan to get from Donna and a few Aracauna/Americauna I got in this batch of free chicks. There's 2 Wyandottes too, hmmmm lol

Back
Top Bottom