The Middle Tennessee Thread

Anybody in or around Manchester have Golden Sebright bantam hatching eggs, chicks, or a nice trio? Looking for a friend. Must be Npip certified please.

It's been a rough couple of weeks My neighbor's great pyrenees got through my fence and killed a couple of my black australorps.. My bared rocks and the rest of my australorps still won't leave the run, even with the gate open and I offer them feed. ( in the run they will eat out of my hands and fly up onto my shoulder). Any advice on how long they will remain afraid to free range again if ever?

It's been a rough couple of weeks My neighbor's great pyrenees got through my fence and killed a couple of my black australorps.. My bared rocks and the rest of my australorps still won't leave the run, even with the gate open and I offer them feed. ( in the run they will eat out of my hands and fly up onto my shoulder). Any advice on how long they will remain afraid to free range again if ever?

Welcome to the thread!

That is horrible about the loss of your hens and the trauma to the survivors. Poor girls.

I would leave the run open and just go about my business. They may come on out if they can see you there being normal. I think I would be scared too if I thought giant dogs were waiting to kill me! My australorps are pretty smart about stuff like that.

Hey everyone! Dickson County here! My boyfriend and I are first time chicken parents and we love them way more than we ever expected! We have 6 hens...2 RIR, 2 BR, 1 BO and 1 Leghorn. We got them when they were a week old and they are now 12.5 weeks old. I've been reading BYC for a while ans have gotten great info and finally decided to make an account. Glad to be here :)

Back
Top Bottom