The Middle Tennessee Thread

Heads up those to the south... AL has just confirmed 3 more cases of AI in northern AL near the first 2 in TN. They has STOPPED ALL BIRD MOVEMENT. One bird was guinea they found a flea market/auction/swap type place.

Heads up those to the south... AL has just confirmed 3 more cases of AI in northern AL near the first 2 in TN.  They has STOPPED ALL BIRD MOVEMENT.  One bird was guinea they found a flea market/auction/swap type place. 

Does this mean no egg shipments out from TN either?

Heads up those to the south... AL has just confirmed 3 more cases of AI in northern AL near the first 2 in TN.  They has STOPPED ALL BIRD MOVEMENT.  One bird was guinea they found a flea market/auction/swap type place. 

Does this mean no egg shipments out from TN either?

I have not heard any such restrictions in TN. But in AL nothing in nothing out and nothing to move around. No shows no swaps no auctions ALL movement is the STOP.

Wow... I just did a drive down into 'Bama this past weekend...
Well I hope you have oxine... might want to keep some in the car and STOP before you get home and spray the tires and anything else reasonably easy to get to. If I am traveling somewhere to get chickens I always carry some in a spray bottle to spray my shoes and floor boards and stuff.

Well I hope you have oxine... might want to keep some in the car and STOP before you get home and spray the tires and anything else reasonably easy to get to.   If I am traveling somewhere to get chickens I always carry some in a spray bottle to spray my shoes and floor boards and stuff.  

No worries, it was a one time meet up to drop off some ducklings I hatched for a family in Florida...

Also, Oxine is only truly effective if it's activated... and I think it's only good for a week or less once activated...

Quote: I only use it activated (not toxic no matter what you read, the warning is the same for both activated and non activated). Trust me it is good for a long time if activated as long as you keep it out of direct sun light and in a container that is colored like a white OJ jug or white Milk Jug. Can't keep it in a clear container. Even the jug it comes in is white. I think it loses it function pretty quick if left outside in the sun. It works quick and then it done. I made some one time outside (because that is where you need to activate it) and forgot about it.... next time I saw it hours later or the next day it was just water. It turns a yellow color when activated and loses that color when it loses its strength. I bought 4 gallons about 4 years ago and since I have been activating it I still have one full gallon left and a pint maybe. Just takes 3.5 oz to make a gal when activated.

I only use it activated (not toxic no matter what you read, the warning is the same for both activated and non activated).  Trust me it is good for a long time if activated as long as you keep it out of direct sun light and in a container that is colored like a white OJ jug or white Milk Jug.  Can't keep it in a clear container.  Even the jug it comes in is white.  I think it loses it function pretty quick if left outside in the sun.  It works quick and then it done.  I made some one time outside (because that is where you need to activate it) and forgot about it.... next time I saw it hours later or the next day it was just water.  It turns a yellow color when activated and loses that color when it loses its strength.  I bought 4 gallons about 4 years ago and since I have been activating it I still have one full gallon left and a pint maybe. Just takes 3.5 oz to make a gal when activated.

Good to know, thanks!

Ugh. I wonder what happens with pending chick orders? Chicks from NPIP sources are getting regular testing and pretty much have no chance of being contaminated so are those allowed in or did they stop *everything*?

Back
Top Bottom