The Middle Tennessee Thread

Ugh. I wonder what happens with pending chick orders? Chicks from NPIP sources are getting regular testing and pretty much have no chance of being contaminated so are those allowed in or did they stop *everything*?

Everyone I have talked to in Alabama said chicks from tested hatcheries are allowed in...

Does this mean no egg shipments out from TN either?
Nothing has changed for Tennessee, except some of the online auction sites aren't letting anyone from TN or Alabama sell. I have been shipping eggs, chicks and birds out this week. If you have all your paperwork in order, there is no problem for TN shippers. (yet)

Ugh. I wonder what happens with pending chick orders? Chicks from NPIP sources are getting regular testing and pretty much have no chance of being contaminated so are those allowed in or did they stop *everything*?
EVERYTHING! NO MOVEMENT INTO or OUT OF or EVEN IN THE STATE!

I'm keeping my birds locked up until this passes. ARG!
he.gif

Georgia not only called off shows, but shut down all auctions, sales and swaps as well... NPIP and AI clean certified can still sell to GA buyers though...

Figure TN will be close behind???

ETA: WI was a LP found in a turkey flock and a completely different strain than the type found in TN... TN one is H7N9, WI was H5N2...

Last edited:
Georgia not only called off shows, but shut down all auctions, sales and swaps as well... NPIP and AI clean certified can still sell to GA buyers though...

Figure TN will be close behind???

ETA: WI was a LP found in a turkey flock and a completely different strain than the type found in TN... TN one is H7N9, WI was H5N2...
What I read was a clip from the Gov website and said HP... I remembered it wrong it said LP. I knew it was turkey but either way it was AI.

I don't know about TN. They did that in 2015 not sure why they haven't yet. I am ok with stopping it. Was not planning to selling much for the next few week anyway.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom