The Middle Tennessee Thread

Anyone near Lexington, TN that has Standard Bronze Turkeys? I'm looking for a dozen hatching eggs. I have Midget White and would be willing to swap eggs, or just buy. I also have muscovys, call ducks- phoenix, d'Uccle, cochin and serama bantams. I'm also looking for someone that has fancy pigeons of any breed, but would like tumpeters or Indian fantails.
And still looking...

I wish people would post more on this thread. It would be nice to talk with our neighbors.

I just came in from the great outdoors and what a mess! Everything is wet and knee deep in mud. Poor critters! I've released our goat doe with her kids to wander the backyard. The goat pen is so bad the kids couldn't even walk. And the poultry flock is a bedraggled mess; hard to know what to clean first or even if it's worth doing with these hard rains.

Hoping the sun shines soon. I have to get back out there and look everyone over for health issues.

Everyone have a good day.

When we get a bunch of gray/rainy days, the coyotes strike. That's why I was posting. We have a small flock of geese and our gander disappeared yesterday. We are going to try some sheep this spring, and have decided to re home the geese. As of yesterday, the flock is now 2 White Chinese girls and one Embdem girl that will be 3 years old this spring. We got them from Rural King as babies. The gander that we lost was an Embden from that group. Last year the Embden pair hatched 2 goslings, so they are part of the flock as well. Based on behavior, I think one is male and one is female.

All of the 3 year olds will lay eggs. The 2 Chinese shared a nest last year but didn't hatch any because a skunk got in and destroyed the eggs. I'd like to see them go somewhere with a gander so the girls can hatch eggs.

I live in Hickman county. The flock is used to free ranging during the day and being locked in at night. If anyone is interested, make an offer. I can post pics.

When we get a bunch of gray/rainy days, the coyotes strike. That's why I was posting. We have a small flock of geese and our gander disappeared yesterday. We are going to try some sheep this spring, and have decided to re home the geese. As of yesterday, the flock is now 2 White Chinese girls and one Embdem girl that will be 3 years old this spring. We got them from Rural King as babies. The gander that we lost was an Embden from that group. Last year the Embden pair hatched 2 goslings, so they are part of the flock as well. Based on behavior, I think one is male and one is female.

All of the 3 year olds will lay eggs. The 2 Chinese shared a nest last year but didn't hatch any because a skunk got in and destroyed the eggs. I'd like to see them go somewhere with a gander so the girls can hatch eggs.

I live in Hickman county. The flock is used to free ranging during the day and being locked in at night. If anyone is interested, make an offer. I can post pics.
I wish I could make an offer; just no room for geese. I especially like the Chinese-such graceful birds in the water. If I got geese my wife would have a fit-too much goose grease.

I watch this thread as well!
Yep nasty cold bitter days...happy i got my new run done. Hate I don't have the ramp finished but hey gives me excuses to go visit the big babies more often! Even if it's freezing!
Got 2nd set of eggs gonna hatch this weekend! Both sets are silkies!
If interested let me know!
IMG_20220225_155353_487.jpg

Last edited:
I watch this thread as well!
Yep nasty collebutter days...happy u got my new run done. Hate I don't have the ramp finished but hey gives ne excuses to go visit the big babies more often! Even if it's freezing!
Got 2nd set of eggs gonna hatch this weekend! Both sets are silkies!
If interested let me know!View attachment 3005542
They are way cute. Money is short or I would make an offer.

Just found this thread! I'm in cannon county and wanted to get npip certified. We have about 80 birds total. The catch is, I have SEVERE social anxiety and can't seem to find info anywhere with like a "walk through" of exactly what they do when they come to your farm. I just need to know what to expect and if they are nice or rude about it.....that sort of stuff...😬 Thanks!

Back
Top Bottom