The Middle Tennessee Thread

Just found this thread! I'm in cannon county and wanted to get npip certified. We have about 80 birds total. The catch is, I have SEVERE social anxiety and can't seem to find info anywhere with like a "walk through" of exactly what they do when they come to your farm. I just need to know what to expect and if they are nice or rude about it.....that sort of stuff...😬 Thanks!
They are very nice.. They come and take blood samples from your birds, generally I think 10%. I found it easy and straight forward. Contact the state vet's office to schedule: https://www.tn.gov/agriculture/news/2019/9/11/beaty-named-state-vet.html

Anyone out there have peafowl? Looking for hatching eggs or peachicks.

I have two peahens but no peacock. One hen is showing signs of broodiness so I'd like to get her some fertile eggs that don't need to be shipped.

Should anyone be interested I just had a few Eastern Wild Turkey poults hatch.

ewtpoults.jpg

Looking for some new young laying hens about to start or just started to lay. We are looking for any Leghorn variety. We are located in Bedford County. Let me know if anyone has any for sale, Open to other breeds - looking for a good layer/hardy bird. Thanks

Back
Top Bottom