The Middle Tennessee Thread

I am proud to say that I have finally counted by chickens (as per DH's request)!

22 red sex-links that I sell eggs from
16 Assorted LF
1 Turkey
9 Cochin or Cochin x silkie cross bantams
13 Silkies
In the brooder: 24 LF chicks (really??? I have that many in there??)
Ordered: 15 cochin bantams, 2 turkeys, 20 LF Chickes (Spitzhauben and EE)
1 cackle surprise (40-60 chicks)
Coming from Heirloom Orps/Hardin Poultry: 7 chickens

That isn't too much, is it???? lol His head might explode when I show him the list.

I am proud to say that I have finally counted by chickens (as per DH's request)!

22 red sex-links that I sell eggs from
16 Assorted LF
1 Turkey
9 Cochin or Cochin x silkie cross bantams
13 Silkies
In the brooder: 24 LF chicks (really??? I have that many in there??)
Ordered: 15 cochin bantams, 2 turkeys, 20 LF Chickes (Spitzhauben and EE)
1 cackle surprise (40-60 chicks)
Coming from Heirloom Orps/Hardin Poultry: 7 chickens

That isn't too much, is it???? lol His head might explode when I show him the list.
Nope does not seem like too much to me, of course our chicken population seems to be doubling here lately also.
gig.gif

All my POL pullets are $20 MINIMUM. That would be for like a WL or Reg breeds like RIR or BR. (my BR are higher they are Heritage). Most of my birds are $25, $35, $50 and up for like a Choc Eng Orp Pullet. Chickens really cost to get to POL.
We get $20 minimum for a pullet at 4 months. That's pretty much how much it costs to raise them to that age. The $20 are the EEs or the Sex links we have too... Most of our other breeds are more than that if we have any spare.

How many did you get and what genders?

I have about 20+ hatching eggs coming this week. I want a whole passel of them! LOL. I think my eggs are going to be fertile soon but still I have too many eggs so I traded for them LOL. Maybe I will get that elusive CREAM roo.

Ugh tell me about it. I can get double cream girls but NO boys. So frustrating! Oh, I am also looking for a crested boy. I cannot find one for love nor money.

Back
Top Bottom