The Middle Tennessee Thread

Hi all,

I'm in Nashville and looking to buy a single chicken (I have one already). Ideally it would be a pullet or already laying and not a chick.

Any suggestions on best breeds for the area and best place to purchase one?

Hi all,

I'm in Nashville and looking to buy a single chicken (I have one already). Ideally it would be a pullet or already laying and not a chick.

:frow

Welcome to the Mid TN thread! :)

Unfortunately, I just let go of my extra layers... others here might have something available though, hope some will chime in...

EE's and Olive Eggers are fairly common around here... and lots have many pure breeds, just depends on what you're wanting as to what would be best... :)

Hi all,

Have you ever thought about Swedish Flower Hens? I am becoming obsessed. There is a SFH thread on here and pictures in my albums in my signature. I have a little herd of grow outs/cockerels and pullets, some of which could go to a new home.

They are super hardy to heat and cold, friendly, get along with other breeds, very beautiful and continue to change colors and flowering with every molt. "Like a box of chocolates, you never know what you will get."

I just heard about an Amish or Mennonite Feed mill that sells layer feed for $10 a bag north of Nashville. Does anyone know where this is or what town it is located in? I am having a difficult time locating it.

Soon I hope to be able to report that the smith county coop is producing non-GMO feed based upon the polyface farm recipes. I'll know more on Tuesday.

r/bob

Back
Top Bottom