The Middle Tennessee Thread

With all the posts about migrating birds and avian flu, I asked my wife to pick up some antibiotic at the feed store to have on hand in case... She was told that no antibiotics were being sold without a vet's prescription as of yesterday. Anyone else hear of this?

With all the posts about migrating birds and avian flu, I asked my wife to pick up some antibiotic at the feed store to have on hand in case... She was told that no antibiotics were being sold without a vet's prescription as of yesterday. Anyone else hear of this?

As of 1-1-2017 all *water soluble* antibiotics are no lonver available without a prescription... you can still get injectable antibiotics...

https://www.backyardchickens.com/t/1146481/2017-new-drug-law-what-are-your-plans

I am really liking the oregano blend I got from The Breese Farm in Mississippi. It has cinnamon and other ingredients as well as oregano. It stays in solution and the chickens like it. 2 drops/gallon or 4 drops/gallon if you have sniffles.

I haven't but it wouldn't surprise me. Lots of pet shops quit carrying antibiotics for aquarium use because people were buying them for human use.

FWIW, antibiotics won't do a thing for avian flu anyway. It's a virus.

Does anyone in mid TN know of a farm vet or one who will prescribe antibiotics for chickens? We have to have a prescription to buy those now, and I have a cockerel with rattling when he breathes and is sneezing some. If anyone has some tetracycline you can spare please let me know. I'll come get it or meet you somewhere to get it.

Thanks!!

Does anyone in mid TN know of a farm vet or one who will prescribe antibiotics for chickens? We have to have a prescription to buy those now, and I have a cockerel with rattling when he breathes and is sneezing some. If anyone has some tetracycline you can spare please let me know. I'll come get it or meet you somewhere to get it.

Thanks!!
You need to get some Tylan50 it is injectable and should still be available. Only the water soluble were taken away. I think the dose is a 1/2 cc in LF in the muscle. Double check that before you dose. I think Bonnies Barnyard still has them. She told me they didn't take them away.

Thanks!!

Otherwise, I'm pretty sure it very would. Sarah Spidel at Lewisburg Animal Hospital. I called in Saturday to order a syringe of Ivomec for a pig, they had it ready and I just picked it up.

Back
Top Bottom