The Moonshiner's Bootleg Incubator Reviews And Discussions

Pics
First hatch from my maticoopx this year.
I set 30 eggs but only 15 went into lockdown.
Had 2 with blood rings and the others were all clears. All the clears were from the same pen so looks like I need to hunt down a different rooster.
Anyways counting the 2 blood rings 15 out of 17 hatched

Had 2 with blood rings and the others were all clears. All the clears were from the same pen so looks like I need to hunt down a different rooster.
You need to explain things to that rooster... No playing favourites!

Testing the same incubator my self now. Just five dark brahma eggs that are overflow from the 56ex.

Wow that's pretty impressive! I've still got my eye on one as soon as I see one on sell or I can get one used.

You need to explain things to that rooster... No playing favourites!
@The Moonshiner I would say send him to freezer camp but Leghorns are lean and not much meat. Same as our Legbars. We have so many extra Legbar roosters so we put them in my goat lot to train our LGD pups. Don't worry they're fine. I've only lost 3 or 4 but the dogs are coming along nicely, and getting the hang of it. It's a small price to pay for many good years of service they will provide in protecting the animals. No one wants to buy roosters, and you just about have to give them away. I would rather use extra roosters to train my dogs than give them to people who are going to cram them in tiny filthy pens to nickel and dime them at flea markets.

On the subject of Leghorns, it looks like McMurrays wrongly sexed one of my brown leghorn pullets, and sent me a brown leghorn rooster instead. I ain't mad at them tho because I can raise a few of my own for next year if he makes it. Lol

We have so many extra Legbar roosters so we put them in my goat lot to train our LGD pups. Don't worry they're fine. I've only lost 3 or 4 but the dogs are coming along nicely
This is funny to me cause I wouldn't be mad at ya for that.
I've actually been contemplating feeding my extra cockerels to my dogs. Go the raw diet route and not have to buy dog food.

I used to have Aussies and started them with ducks cause we all know chickens won't herd.

This is funny to me cause I wouldn't be mad at ya for that.
I've actually been contemplating feeding my extra cockerels to my dogs. Go the raw diet route and not have to buy dog food.

I used to have Aussies and started them with ducks cause we all know chickens won't herd.
When we butcher roosters we always feed the thighs and legs to my dogs raw. They do good work protecting and deserve it. They love raw meat and bones. I butchered a tom turkey the other day and my dogs got his leg quarters also. Nothing wasted and we prefer the breast meat. My dogs go ham on some rooster and turkey thighs. Lol

Back
Top Bottom