The Moonshiner's Bootleg Incubator Reviews And Discussions

Pics
I need to get my dog and cats back on raw. I worry about the crap in commercial pet 'food'. Just need to figure out how to raise the animals in a more cost effective way.

Oh, and not have my daughter kick me out because I have too many critters!

Right now, any extra roos (and drakes, and rabbits) go into my own freezer camp.

I need to get my dog and cats back on raw. I worry about the crap in commercial pet 'food'. Just need to figure out how to raise the animals in a more cost effective way.

Oh, and not have my daughter kick me out because I have too many critters!

Right now, any extra roos (and drakes, and rabbits) go into my own freezer camp.
We are going to be getting some meat rabbits soon. Ducks too but those will be my son's pets. Lol. I look forward to filling our freezer with more of our own home grown meat. I got a bag of deer meat out of the freezer marked for jerkey or burgers last night and let it thaw. Trimmed it up tonight and the dogs got those scraps and some eggs, plus some rooster thighs earlier. Gonna grind it up and make deer burgers tomorrow for supper. I mix it with pork sausage from my friend's hog she butchered for flavor and fat and season it up good.

I hear you on wanting to feed your dogs better. Commercial kibble isnt ideal but it is a necessary part of our dogs' diet. However we supplement with a ton of meat scraps and eggs, and they are very healthy. They do well on a raw diet. My Anatolian/Kangals are like garbage disposals and eat anything. But they love raw meat and eggs the most. They eat them shell and all. Lol

We are going to be getting some meat rabbits soon. Ducks too but those will be my son's pets. Lol. I look forward to filling our freezer with more of our own home grown meat. I got a bag of deer meat out of the freezer marked for jerkey or burgers last night and let it thaw. Trimmed it up tonight and the dogs got those scraps and some eggs, plus some rooster thighs earlier. Gonna grind it up and make deer burgers tomorrow for supper. I mix it with pork sausage from my friend's hog she butchered for flavor and fat and season it up good.

I hear you on wanting to feed your dogs better. Commercial kibble isnt ideal but it is a necessary part of our dogs' diet. However we supplement with a ton of meat scraps and eggs, and they are very healthy. They do well on a raw diet. My Anatolian/Kangals are like garbage disposals and eat anything. But they love raw meat and eggs the most. They eat them shell and all. Lol
I'd love to get my hands on some venison!

My dog has been getting pickier and pickier. Heck, the cats will eat his food before he does! I used to make my own raw food, but got out of the habit due to the rising costs. He does enjoy eggs though, which is good because I have so many! It's too bad I prefer dark meat, lol! Or else I'd give him the legs too.

There's nothing like the feeling of feeding yourself. I'm starting to focus on purebreds now, instead of the bym, for more consistent results. That, and they go for ridiculous amounts at the auctions around here! Might as well make some extra money on the side to pay for feed!

My dog has been getting pickier and pickier. Heck, the cats will eat his food before he does! I used to make my own raw food, but got out of the habit due to the rising costs. He does enjoy eggs though, which is good because I have so many! It's too bad I prefer dark meat, lol! Or else I'd give him the legs too.

There's nothing like the feeling of feeding yourself. I'm starting to focus on purebreds now, instead of the bym, for more consistent results. That, and they go for ridiculous amounts at the auctions around here! Might as well make some extra money on the side to pay for feed!
Lol good luck. I attempted to sell a few baby turkeys and purebred chickens and the chicken hustlers in my area came out of the woodwork to try to shake me down. We've decided to raise birds for our own use, and maybe sell a few surplus hens in the fall. I don't much like to "people." And haggling requires too much people-ing. I people enough at the hospital at work.

We eat a lot of it. I have made nearly all of my pot roasts, stew, and burgers lately with deer meat from the freezer. Get you a Sportsman license and a deer rifle. If it's brown it's down, if you only want meat. Lol
Screenshot_20240425_122556_Gallery.jpg

Lol good luck. I attempted to sell a few baby turkeys and purebred chickens and the chicken hustlers in my area came out of the woodwork to try to shake me down. We've decided to raise birds for our own use, and maybe sell a few surplus hens in the fall. I don't much like to "people." And haggling requires too much people-ing. I people enough at the hospital at work.
That's why I like the auctions. People can be crazy! I sold a basic Call Duck drake for $85 on the weekend! A few weeks before, a pair of Standard Cochin sold for around $125. I'm getting in some Dark Brahma chicks in a couple of weeks, as well as Buff Chantecler and a couple of varieties of OEGB. The Chantecler are going to be the basis of my egg and meat collection, the Brahma and OEGB are my money makers. I also got a dozen White Chantecler eggs at the auction and they are in the incubator right now.

I agree with people-ing. I would rather stay out here with my critters. But, I need to make a bit of money to add to my meagre Disability benefit. I hate dealing with putting online ads up.

That's why I like the auctions. People can be crazy! I sold a basic Call Duck drake for $85 on the weekend! A few weeks before, a pair of Standard Cochin sold for around $125. I'm getting in some Dark Brahma chicks in a couple of weeks, as well as Buff Chantecler and a couple of varieties of OEGB. The Chantecler are going to be the basis of my egg and meat collection, the Brahma and OEGB are my money makers. I also got a dozen White Chantecler eggs at the auction and they are in the incubator right now.

I agree with people-ing. I would rather stay out here with my critters. But, I need to make a bit of money to add to my meagre Disability benefit. I hate dealing with putting online ads up.
Same! I have to be careful about swaps and auctions though because of my NPIP. I have to be extremely cautious not to bring any diseases in. Any birds I take, don't sell, and have to bring home have to be quarantined. That's why we mainly will be eating extra birds.

Those are awesome prices! I live in a poor rural area so I can't get huge money for anything. Hence all the haggling I've gotten and low ball offers.
I was actually astounded at the prices some of these went for. This isn't a rich area either.

It was very informative to me to see the selling prices. Helps me to make my future plans on which breeds to get.

Back
Top Bottom