THE MOTHER'S DAY HATCH-A-LONG!!!! The last day to join in and set eggs with us is April 28th.

Here's my entry for kids and chicks pic, this is my son Tucker who is 22 months old. He LOVES the chicks, turkey poults, and ducklings!!! Here he is holding a blue slate/royal palm poult we hatched a few days ago.

Awww, soo cute! Love how the poult and the sweatshirt almost line up.

Coo' chicks and lockdown! Pictures a coming!

I'll lockdown later today. I have no idea how many eggs I put in to start with, but I'm sure it was less than my last few hatches. Maybe a smaller hatch will be better for me.

I won't be home Sunday until late. One of my grand daughters and her BF are going to be watching the animals for me. They both have to work different shifts, so I don't have to worry about anything. We're going to be camping at the Stanford University Pow Wow. I've only missed maybe 6 times in all the years they've held it. Trying now to figure out what I can fit into my car. I so wish my van was running. Last year I over packed the car and I'm still fixing things from the over load. Not smart. As long as I have at least the big tent and a small one, I'm good. Not much else is going to fit after everyone's clothes and sleeping bags. We're going to end up having to buy food from the vendors since my campstove is just way to heavy to take along. Can't wait till the kids realize there's not going to be a bench and table or screen tent. My 15 yr old is already complaining about no video games this weekend. ha ha If anyone is nearby, there's a link to more info on the California thread. Anyone is welcome, it's free unless you camp and I think that is $10 donation, lots of food and lots of sellers. Not to mention, lots and lots of dancers. So if you have nothing to do this weekend this is the place to go.

Hopefully I'll get home to a good hatch and just a bunch of chicks to add to the brooder.

Good luck to all you hatchers and try not to post so much I can't catch up. Yeah right!

I had my first duckling hatch for the hatch a long! It's ssssooooooooooo adorable!
Again...pictures.. I always ask for pictures.
big_smile.png
pop.gif

Yeah, we locked down 39 eggs last night. I do have a question though. I filled all the trays in our hovabator 1588. The humidity is reading 52%, I know it should be more around 60 to 65%. Should we mess with it, or hope that when the chicks start to hatch it will come up?

I feel worried that my lock down is wrong... But Its not, I've read and re-read everything about it.

The first ones (6) went into lock down on wen. morning early. I stopped the turner, they went from 38-40% Humidity to 49-50% and still at 99 Degrees. This is correct right? I'm suppose to just leave them alone right?

UGH... WORRIED! Tomorrow is suppose to be hatch day.

Yeah, we locked down 39 eggs last night. I do have a question though. I filled all the trays in our hovabator 1588. The humidity is reading 52%, I know it should be more around 60 to 65%. Should we mess with it, or hope that when the chicks start to hatch it will come up?
Have you got an extra sponge, or even a clean dish cloth, or wash cloth..soak it, and hurry and set it in..I have a 1588 too..I get my humidity up to 65/66. :)

I am getting so excited cause we are all going into lock down. Soon really soon we will all have more babies!!!

I just went into lock down. I set 9 eggs under a broody cuz I didn't have anymore room in the bators. When I got room in the bator I put the remaining 3 eggs in. (From the broodys fighting over them!) They just went into lock down!

Back
Top Bottom