The Natural Chicken Keeping thread - OTs welcome!

Hello everyone. So nice to see all of you from the other threads. I've finally caught up and will be following....mostly lurking. Thanks to BDM for starting the thread.

Hello everyone. So nice to see all of you from the other threads. I've finally caught up and will be following....mostly lurking. Thanks to BDM for starting the thread.
Welcome Gale!
frow.gif

Question for Leahs Mom: Awhile back on the other thread, you made the automatic waterer with the nipple cups instead of just nipples. Then you made your own heater from the dog bowl. Anyway, I was wondering how yours turned out with the freezing temps lately? I made mine following your design...so easy to make and I loved the system. Clean water and I didn't have to empty it everyday. The only problem I had was the water in the cups freezing, then the nipples freezing to the frozen water. I'm thinking it may be because of the location in the coop. I had mine near the wall instead of in the center of the coop. Did you have any issues with yours?

I have Runners and Pekins. To us and our egg customers our duck eggs are delicious any way eggs are cooked with them described as having a richer yolk. Maybe Muskovy eggs taste different? Dunno...........

Back
Top Bottom