The Natural Chicken Keeping thread - OTs welcome!

While I do not discount natural products, I also encourage people to do some research and use common sense when they try to be their own doctors. I looked up just one of the ingredients of the black salve.... yes that ingredient does have some amazing cancer-killing properties, but it can also have some pretty terrible side effects, like causing kidney and liver damage and Parkinson-like symptoms. Just because it's "natural" doesn't mean it can't hurt you (or even kill you).

http://www.mskcc.org/cancer-care/herb/graviola

I am curious...............does anyone have or know of anyone using solar power to power their heated dog bowls during the winter?

I finally got the solar power for the electric netting and would love to use solar power for the heated dog bowls come next winter. I hate having extension cords outside all winter and wet spring.

My automatic pop door runs all winter on solar power so I know I have enough sunlight for the heated bowls.

Thanks

If you don't have a battery to run the dog bowls during darkness, I think you'd be defeating the whole purpose, because generally at night is when the temps are lowest. You can go to Tractor Supply Co and get a Thunderbolt Magnum Solar 45 watt solar kit that includes the solar panels,, (2) 12v dc lightbulbs with wiring, and a charge controller that has 12v, 3v and 6v dc outlets and a 5v USB outlet (cost about $130 to $190 for the kit, depending on if you catch it on sale). I have an older model of this and that charge controller also had a built in ac outlet. I use this setup in my shed/chicken coop to provide lighting (also have it hooked into a deep-cycle battery). With the current setup they're selling you'd also need an inverter. I like having the solar panels because I know that even in a power failure I can still run vital things off battery power (can charge my phone, have light, etc) even if I can't run the gasoline generator. The solar panels are pretty much install and forget, the only thing that really needs maintenance is the battery, which I check twice a year.

If you are serious about off-grid power, I highly suggest a book called Living on 12 Volts with Ample Power http://www.amazon.com/Living-Volts-With-Ample-Power/dp/0945415052 You can find it other places besides Amazon.

i would try something safe like rick simpsons oil  before that stuff. There is no danger of 2'' holes in your skin that need medically closed

Yes more people need to better understand the healing and medicinal properties of Cannabis, numerous states are passing a CBD or cannabis oil for kids laws, due to remarkable effects on seizures.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom