The *NEW* all fowl egg chain!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Mine on the bantie Wyandottes Offered: 6+ White French Production Muscovy [COLOR=666666]This is a French improved breeding stock that produces birds 50% larger than our American Muscovy. Very quiet and calm, lay lots of nice big eggs Feb-Nov (then tend to go broody for winter), excellent foragers. Wonderful personalities for pets: boys are super sweethearts; girls are docile... also the best broodies & mamas! (35 day incubation). For meat production, drakes usually attain a live weight of 12 pounds in 12 weeks. My typical dressed weights: Hens 3.5- 4.5 lb. and drakes 8 - 10 lb. (most dress at 9 lbs). High in meat-to-bone ratio, with less weight loss after cooking than Pekin ducks. (I have 13 multi-generational girls covered by 2 drakes; mama's regularly hatch out 12-18 babies!)[/COLOR] Or 6+ Welsh Harlequin Ducks (Holderread Line) [COLOR=666666]These ducks are such sweeties, so calm and happy they don't run away from me but come to me instead (I am the food lady after all). The girls great year round layers and are giving me an egg a day - these are some of my best over-all producers! These ladies have also shown a tendency toward broodiness and I even successfully relocated a nest last year that the little miss stuck right to like glue. As they are also excellent meat birds, too many drakes is not a bad problem to have. [/COLOR] Or 6+ Golden Cascade Ducks (Holderread Line) [COLOR=696969]A beautiful dual-purpose breed in the medium weight class of about 6-8 pounds at maturity. Young drakes quickly grow to good harvest weight and dress out around 5.5lbs at 12-16 weeks. The girls are amazing layers of jumbo white eggs. These gals produce 240+ eggs annually weighing about 3.3 oz - that's a big egg! A wonderful, calm natured breed, they're easy to work with and good foragers. An excellent homestead duck![/COLOR]
Has anyone heard from Kinmera? I want to mail the orp eggs out that were claimed....but she has not returned my PM's. Thanks!!
She was supposed to be sending me a side swap, but since she never sent it I never sent hers. That was about 3 weeks ago. Haven't heard from her since.

Nope, she still hasn't been in touch with me or sent the Wyandotte eggs I claimed.

She was supposed to be sending me a side swap, but since she never sent it I never sent hers. That was about 3 weeks ago. Haven't heard from her since.

I claimed her BBS orpington eggs in Jan. Then she disappeared until mid April when she PM'd me saying that she had several mishaps but was going to collect and send them that week. Again heard nothing from her until May when she said they were broody. Then 2 weeks ago she said she would have eggs to send that week. I've heard nothing again since and no eggs

Last edited:
Everytime I check on this thread the same person has baled on their swaps. Just been observing to see how it works. Doesn't seem to work too well if the wrong person keeps claiming things.

Everytime I check on this thread the same person has baled on their swaps. Just been observing to see how it works. Doesn't seem to work too well if the wrong person keeps claiming things.

The first time I can see as things do happen but a 2nd time within just a month of coming back and I think that person should be banned IMO.

I am going to investigate into this issue everyone. I was unaware of a lot of issues with swaps from said individual. I was only aware of 1 swap issue where she had not sent it out but they had since worked something out.

Last edited:
normally things go without a hitch, it just seems every once in a while someone doesn't do what they should. In that manner we typically ban said person from swapping.

Another one to keep an eye on: I did a side swap with pickledpenny after she claimed mine (so I sent her 12+ was supposed to get 6+ jubilee orp sent to me) was told fertility was bad so wanted to wait, then rooster died and so on... Told her I'd be willing to just take an online giftcard but never heard back. Pm'd the person that claimed her swap and they got the same story and no eggs too. My pm's are saved if any mods want to see them.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom