The NFC B-Day Chat Thread

I remember some of the older boys talking about toads turning into sexy woman at bar closing time, is that kind of the same thing your talking about?

Your's is more like that old country song about the girls all getting prettier at closing time.

I think we're talking about different toads Ralphie.

he.gif
We didn't celebrate
bun.gif
lady's birthday.
hide.gif
Belated happy birthday,
bun.gif
hugs.gif

he.gif
We didn't celebrate
bun.gif
lady's birthday.
hide.gif
Belated happy birthday,
bun.gif
hugs.gif

We would have if we'd known!

Shoot, when was it anyway?

No matter,
HAPPY
BIRTHDAY
BUNNY!
(I was going for bunny colors there, do they look like bunny colors to you?)

So, we have Cane Toads which are not native but introduced to battle the cane beetle…probably not someone’s smartest idea, considering the results; imported 100, introduced 3,000 back in the 1930’s and we now have millions and they are a pest!
roll.png

Cane Toads are thought to consume approximately 200 food items per night, far more prey than most native frogs ingest in the same period. The bulk of the diet is usually ants, beetle and termites, although they can eat anything that fits in their mouth including a wide variety of insects, frogs, small reptiles, mammals and birds. In addition, Cane Toads have the potential to compete with native species for food and shelter sites. The ability of the Cane Toad to rapidly expand both its range and density and to consume relatively large numbers of a wide variety of prey has led to concern that the Cane Toad is a key factor in the decline in of many native species.

The cane toad in Australia is regarded as an exemplary case of a "feral species"—others being rabbits, foxes, cats and giant mimosa. Australia's relative isolation prior to European colonisation and the industrial revolution—both of which dramatically increased traffic and importation of novel species—allowed development of a complex, interdepending system of ecology, but one which provided no natural predators for many of the species subsequently introduced. The recent, sudden inundation of foreign species has led to severe breakdowns in Australian ecology, after overwhelming proliferation of a number of introduced species for which the continent has no efficient natural predator or parasite, and which displace native species—in some cases these species are physically destructive to habitat as well. Cane toads have been very successful as an invasive species, having become established in more than 15 countries

We, well me at least, do not actually go around licking Cane Toads but they have been known to kill a few dogs and cats.

http://io9.gizmodo.com/how-toad-licking-gets-you-high-and-then-kills-you-1642946043

So, we have Cane Toads which are not native but introduced to battle the cane beetle…probably not someone’s smartest idea, considering the results; imported 100, introduced 3,000 back in the 1930’s and we now have millions and they are a pest!
roll.png

Cane Toads are thought to consume approximately 200 food items per night, far more prey than most native frogs ingest in the same period. The bulk of the diet is usually ants, beetle and termites, although they can eat anything that fits in their mouth including a wide variety of insects, frogs, small reptiles, mammals and birds. In addition, Cane Toads have the potential to compete with native species for food and shelter sites. The ability of the Cane Toad to rapidly expand both its range and density and to consume relatively large numbers of a wide variety of prey has led to concern that the Cane Toad is a key factor in the decline in of many native species.

The cane toad in Australia is regarded as an exemplary case of a "feral species"—others being rabbits, foxes, cats and giant mimosa. Australia's relative isolation prior to European colonisation and the industrial revolution—both of which dramatically increased traffic and importation of novel species—allowed development of a complex, interdepending system of ecology, but one which provided no natural predators for many of the species subsequently introduced. The recent, sudden inundation of foreign species has led to severe breakdowns in Australian ecology, after overwhelming proliferation of a number of introduced species for which the continent has no efficient natural predator or parasite, and which displace native species—in some cases these species are physically destructive to habitat as well. Cane toads have been very successful as an invasive species, having become established in more than 15 countries

We, well me at least, do not actually go around licking Cane Toads but they have been known to kill a few dogs and cats.

http://io9.gizmodo.com/how-toad-licking-gets-you-high-and-then-kills-you-1642946043

I tried to read this 6 times and I got stuck on "Giant Mimosa" I love Mimosas. When we were social people we would go to Champagne brunches and pass on the champagne for Mimosa's but they were never big enough.

A couple "Giant Mimosas" might be enough to pay my own way to Australia if BYC fails to come through for me.

I tried to read this 6 times and I got stuck on "Giant Mimosa" I love Mimosas. When we were social people we would go to Champagne brunches and pass on the champagne for Mimosa's but they were never big enough.

A couple "Giant Mimosas" might be enough to pay my own way to Australia if BYC fails to come through for me.

LOL
lau.gif

This Not This

Back
Top Bottom