The NFC B-Day Chat Thread

Good morning folks
frow.gif

Good morning to you too Piper & The Jelly Beans
love.gif

N F C Great news on the coop! Looking forward to the pictures!

Regarding your avatar .. I hate socks! With two men in the house I have at least 4 or 5 pairs of socks in the washing at any time. While I make sure they all make it into the washing machine I can guarantee you that when the time comes to peg them out, one is missing! I have lost count of the number of times I have searched through the pockets of wet trousers or up the sleeves of wet shirts looking for a missing sock. Just last week I made three trips from the clothes line back to washing machine trying to locate that one sock that had magically managed to attach itself to the inside of a trouser leg!

I might put this on the wall above the washing machine ..........

sunflour Good to hear that you have been getting some sleep-ins.

Good morning sour!

Blooie I am so sorry to hear about your nephew, how sad
sad.png
but what a wonderful gesture from the gentleman in Sioux Falls and the Monroe Community.

Hey, so if your SIL and her hubby are sleeping in the coop, does that mean the chickens have to sleep in the house? How do they feel about having to give up their accommodation?
wink.png
lau.gif

I was sharing pictures of the coop build and discussing the size with my friend on Facebook and she mentioned that hubby “will have somewhere to sleep when he has been bad” .. he should be so lucky! Lol

The BYC Calendar I have hanging on my wall has lots of little notifications on it:
Order meal worms for here today
Book pets travel tomorrow
Start getting quotes for removalist
Appointment with Heart Coach on the 28th
Post cat beds, bowls and toys to Forrest Beach on the 6th
Order meal worms for Forrest Beach on the 7th
Cat sit for my neighbour on the 3rd to the 8th
? Pets Leave on the 12th
E.mail Real Estate on the 15th

No longer in a holding pattern!
celebrate.gif
PS. Remind me of emoticon in a few weeks time when I am crying because by babies have gone and up to my neck in stress
wink.png

Good morning folks
frow.gif

Good morning to you too Piper & The Jelly Beans
love.gif

N F C Great news on the coop! Looking forward to the pictures!

Regarding your avatar .. I hate socks! With two men in the house I have at least 4 or 5 pairs of socks in the washing at any time. While I make sure they all make it into the washing machine I can guarantee you that when the time comes to peg them out, one is missing! I have lost count of the number of times I have searched through the pockets of wet trousers or up the sleeves of wet shirts looking for a missing sock. Just last week I made three trips from the clothes line back to washing machine trying to locate that one sock that had magically managed to attach itself to the inside of a trouser leg!

I might put this on the wall above the washing machine ..........

sunflour Good to hear that you have been getting some sleep-ins.

Good morning sour!

Blooie I am so sorry to hear about your nephew, how sad
sad.png
but what a wonderful gesture from the gentleman in Sioux Falls and the Monroe Community.

Hey, so if your SIL and her hubby are sleeping in the coop, does that mean the chickens have to sleep in the house? How do they feel about having to give up their accommodation?
wink.png
lau.gif

I was sharing pictures of the coop build and discussing the size with my friend on Facebook and she mentioned that hubby “will have somewhere to sleep when he has been bad” .. he should be so lucky! Lol

The BYC Calendar I have hanging on my wall has lots of little notifications on it:
Order meal worms for here today
Book pets travel tomorrow
Start getting quotes for removalist
Appointment with Heart Coach on the 28th
Post cat beds, bowls and toys to Forrest Beach on the 6th
Order meal worms for Forrest Beach on the 7th
Cat sit for my neighbour on the 3rd to the 8th
? Pets Leave on the 12th
E.mail Real Estate on the 15th

No longer in a holding pattern!
celebrate.gif
PS. Remind me of emoticon in a few weeks time when I am crying because by babies have gone and up to my neck in stress
wink.png

So excited for you that things are moving in the right direction! Hopefully you'll be busy enough to make the time go by faster, but not too busy that the stress gets to you.

I'm sure somewhere there a a bunch of pairless socks hiding from me - but I haven't found their secret spot yet.

I'm really cheap - I buy packages of "10 pairs for 8 bucks" or whatever, so they all look the same. Other than the possibility of having one left over, it's a non-issue.
idunno.gif

I'm really cheap - I buy packages of "10 pairs for 8 bucks" or whatever, so they all look the same. Other than the possibility of having one left over, it's a non-issue.
idunno.gif

I wish! LOL

The guys have their own sock designs so they can be identified as whose is whose. When I was in hospital and they were doing their own washing I came home to mismatched socks in the washing; took me weeks to get them all correctly paired up again
roll.png

Anyone have any tips on how to quickly get knots out of an uncooperative puddy cat? Chimee has a couple of knots that the brush is not shifting. I have tried to sneak up on her with the scissors but as soon as I touch the knot, she takes off. Also, I am not comfortable approaching a cat which could make unpredictable moves with a pair of scissors. I have tried distracting the bitey end with a brush but again, she is wise to that .. she is also wise to my son distracting the bitey end while I approach the knots. Wrapping her in a towel etc is not gunna cut it because then I can't get to the knots and again, I am approaching a wriggling cat with scissors, not something I can see ending well and I do not want to stress her out.

Hoping someone has some ideas of how to quickly remove them without her knowing I am doing it until after the fact ... yeah, I know I am dreaming but it doesn't hurt to ask
wink.png

Does she let you brush her? They have a tool that cuts through matted hair that looks kind of like a rake with sharp blades on the inside. Something like that could work.
They are called dematting combs. I wouldn't recommend them as they are sharp and cat skin is thin. Sedation and clippers is what I recommend as an ex groomer. Best done at the vets office.

Back
Top Bottom