The NFC B-Day Chat Thread

With my curly hair, once a hat is put on, there is no taking it off for any reason! Now, there is a hat hair look that does not need replicating :p
I do not wear a beanie here. It is not cold enough for one. On the rare times that I go up to the mountains, I wear a hood on my coat.

I do were a farmers cap sometimes. I have one like this now:

giants cap.jpg

Last edited:
Many, many moons ago they were called toboggans, or boggans for short....but, several years ago they changed "Dictionaries" overnight and left the one I use way behind. The modern day dictionary is way too confusing, because definitions are subject to change overnight without any warning at all....this just leaves me stuck further back in the past and insignificant, because I can't speak or translate the new language....:)

Very true!

Good Morning Friends :hugs

I love my new laptop! Wow, I sure can notice the performance improvement; frustration levels have been significantly reduced. It is a bit sad that the users had better equipment than the person who is supposed to be providing them IT Support :rolleyes:

K that pie looks so yummy! :drool

Our predicted maximum for today is 84F with a 60% chance of showers and/or a tropical storm.

ROFL N F C at the cat v the wind! :lau

Loved the Tui, jelly beans and muppets Jae! :love

Oooh Capricorn, that is exciting! :clap

Good job on the emoticons chickisoup :thumbsup

I baked a pumpkin pie for Thanksgiving, I am not a fan but the boys loved it! Cherry pie planned for Christmas and I do use fresh cherries and pip them.

Oh it definitely is! Just need to get some more ice cream to go with it lol

And that sounds delicious!

The bad thing about beanies, toques, hoods etc is "hat hair," plus static build up. It's better to leave hats on than to remove in polite company and have crackles & sparks.

I hate static electricity - grocery stores have the most - once a lady in the store was handing out food samples, as soon as i touched it, the charge knocked it out of my hand, scared her too, plus it hurt.

When my son was a toddler - we both approached the TV to turn it on. You could see static leaving us and touching the screen. Too weird for me, finally we got a humidifier for the furnace - MUCH BETTER, except on coldest, dry days when unit doesn't turn on.

I have found good heavy denim clothes do not conduct static - nylon is one of the worst offenders.

Wow that's actually quite scary!

And UGH my hair has been so frizzy/staticy and just sticking to my face lately and I can't figure out why! It never used to. Been maybe a week or so idk. I did get a new coat recently which I think is nylon maybe? But it was happening even before then.

I used to put my hair up a lot and still do but I haven't wanted to lately but I might have to if my hair can't stay under control! Very frustrating having it cling to my face lol

With my curly hair, once a hat is put on, there is no taking it off for any reason! Now, there is a hat hair look that does not need replicating :p

Very true!

Good Morning Friends :hugs

I love my new laptop! Wow, I sure can notice the performance improvement; frustration levels have been significantly reduced. It is a bit sad that the users had better equipment than the person who is supposed to be providing them IT Support :rolleyes:

K that pie looks so yummy! :drool

Our predicted maximum for today is 84F with a 60% chance of showers and/or a tropical storm.

ROFL N F C at the cat v the wind! :lau

Loved the Tui, jelly beans and muppets Jae! :love

Oooh Capricorn, that is exciting! :clap

Good job on the emoticons chickisoup :thumbsup

I baked a pumpkin pie for Thanksgiving, I am not a fan but the boys loved it! Cherry pie planned for Christmas and I do use fresh cherries and pip them.
We missed you! Did you have a good trip?

Excitement! Son asked me to send him grandmas engagement ring! :celebrate :clap :woot :yesss:

I guess you approve of the girl he plans to give the ring to ;). Congrats, hope things work out very well.

:love. We got our Christmas Tree yesterday, it's just in a stand with water thus far, but my Buddy Cat has taken it as his :D

@N F C not a joke, I have a in the round knitting machine, can make you a hat quite easily. But I prefer to work with synthetics - what color(s) do you like? :cool:

Back
Top Bottom